Обсуждение: Query from sindhu

Query from sindhu

От
PASAD
Дата:
Dear sir
I would like to know in which extension postgres database is being saved.and
also I would like to know how can we transfer one database file from one
machine to another.I will be grateful to you if you answer my query.
Thanking you
regards sindhu

Re: Query from sindhu

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I would like to know in which extension postgres database is being saved.and
> also I would like to know how can we transfer one database file from one
> machine to another.I will be grateful to you if you answer my query.

Use pg_dump to transfer databases. The Postgres database files are
stored in a specific area on your machine, but do not have explicit file
extensions on each file. I don't know which platform and package you are
running, so can not be more specific.

Good luck.
                         - Thomas