Обсуждение: Re: [HACKERS] Building Documentation under Debian

Re: [HACKERS] Building Documentation under Debian

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> > > 2. grab the DSSSL stuff from http://www.nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl
> > >        and unzip it somewhere (I chose /usr/share).
> > FWIW, this stuff is available in a package as as docbook-stylesheets.
> Ah - that's what they named it. I looked for a package called dsssl.
> Where does the package install the files /usr/share, /usr/lib,
> something else?
> Thomas, change step 2 to:
> 2. install the docbook-stylesheets package
>         apt-get install docbook-stylesheets
> drop the unzip package from step 1.

Actually, unless there is an objection I'll add the
docbook-stylesheets package but will retain mention of the Norm Walsh
zip files since these are usually a bit more up to date than those in
a packaged distro. I use them on my Linux box even though there are
rpms available...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California

Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Building Documentation under Debian

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On 2000-01-22, Thomas Lockhart mentioned:

> > > FWIW, this stuff is available in a package as as docbook-stylesheets.
> > Ah - that's what they named it. I looked for a package called dsssl.
> > Where does the package install the files /usr/share, /usr/lib,
> > something else?
> > Thomas, change step 2 to:
> > 2. install the docbook-stylesheets package
> >         apt-get install docbook-stylesheets
> > drop the unzip package from step 1.
>
> Actually, unless there is an objection I'll add the
> docbook-stylesheets package but will retain mention of the Norm Walsh
> zip files since these are usually a bit more up to date than those in
> a packaged distro. I use them on my Linux box even though there are
> rpms available...

I think a lot of people found sgmltools to work for them (and perhaps a
lot more would, if they knew about it). That way you don't have to get
five different things and tune them to each other.

Re: [DOCS] Re: [HACKERS] Building Documentation under Debian

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> I think a lot of people found sgmltools to work for them (and perhaps a
> lot more would, if they knew about it). That way you don't have to get
> five different things and tune them to each other.

Currently, sgmltools is in an essentially unsupported state. Cees De
Groot has tried to enlist additional developers, to no avail, and has
resigned.

But if someone has a procedure to install sgmltools and can give the
mods for the makefiles we already have I'll be happy to put it in the
docs.
                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California