Обсуждение: Re: [ADMIN] Upgrading from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1

Re: [ADMIN] Upgrading from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1

Дата:
> I just want to verify this: when I update between the said versions, can I
> just keep the data directory around (no need to dump/restore)? Would that
> eliminate the need to run initdb?
>
> It seems like this could be made slightly clearer in the documentation.

No dump/restore, no initdb.  Where should we put it?

I see the problem.  The INSTALL file does not contain any mention of
this.  I did the Release notes, but did not add to INSTALL/install.sgml.
I should add something to the install.sgml file.  Another problem is
that the top of the INSTALL says:

       5. Release Notes
          Release 6.5.1
             Migration to v6.5.1
             Detailed Change List
          Release 6.5
             Migration to v6.5
                 Multi-Version Concurrency Control
             Detailed Change List

But when you get down to section 5, you see:

    Chapter 5. Release Notes

    Release 6.5

            This release marks a major step in the development
           team's mastery of the source code we inherited from
           Berkeley. You will see we are now easily adding major

So it seems the 6.5.1 changes are not listed in the INSTALL file, though
there was some attempt to add them.  Thomas, does this make sense?

Re: [ADMIN] Upgrading from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> So it seems the 6.5.1 changes are not listed in the INSTALL file,
> though there was some attempt to add them.  Thomas, does this make
> sense?

Oops. Sorry, I must have forgotten a section :(

                      - Thomas

South Pasadena, California