Обсуждение: Re Urgent help Postgresql intall

Re Urgent help Postgresql intall

От
"Vanessa Brooks"
Дата:
joinedthe mailing list I'm not sure how it works.  I need info on Postgresql and cywig, as I am trying to install
href="http://g.msn.com/8HMWENUK/2755">GetMSN Messenger today!</a>

Re: Re Urgent help Postgresql intall

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Vanessa Brooks wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm a student doing my final year project.
>
> I'v just joined the mailing list I'm not sure how it works.  I need info
> on Postgresql and cywig, as I am trying to install Postgresql on Windows
> 2000 with PHP4.  Please can you help

Hi Vanessa,

Have you looked at the PostgreSQL Technical Documentation site entries
about Windows:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/Windows

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/InstallingOnWindows

and for the cygwin way of doing things:

http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp (it's a bit
outdated and complicated, but it works.  Someone needs to get around to
writing up a new version).

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Vanessa

- Indira Gandhi

Re: Re Urgent help Postgresql intall

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:03:51PM +1030, Justin Clift wrote:
> Vanessa Brooks wrote:
> >I'v just joined the mailing list I'm not sure how it works.  I need
> >info on Postgresql and cywig, as I am trying to install Postgresql on
> >Windows 2000 with PHP4.  Please can you help
>
> [snip]
>
> and for the cygwin way of doing things:
>
> http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp (it's a bit
> outdated and complicated, but it works.  Someone needs to get around
> to writing up a new version).

What about the Cygwin PostgreSQL README?

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.2.README

Jason

Re: Re Urgent help Postgresql intall

От
Justin Clift
Дата:
Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 06:03:51PM +1030, Justin Clift wrote:
>
>>Vanessa Brooks wrote:
>>
>>>I'v just joined the mailing list I'm not sure how it works.  I need
>>>info on Postgresql and cywig, as I am trying to install Postgresql on
>>>Windows 2000 with PHP4.  Please can you help
>>
>>[snip]
>>
>>and for the cygwin way of doing things:
>>
>>http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql_win_setup_faq.jsp (it's a bit
>>outdated and complicated, but it works.  Someone needs to get around
>>to writing up a new version).
>

> What about the Cygwin PostgreSQL README?
>
>     http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.2.README

Cool Jason.  Wasn't aware that was online.

Will replace the ejip.net entry on the Techdocs site with that one over
the next day or two.

:)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Jason

- Indira Gandhi

Re: Re Urgent help Postgresql intall

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Vanessa,

Please keep your replies on-list.

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 07:39:27PM +0000, Vanessa Brooks wrote:
> I'v installed Cygwin, but when I click the icon it appears for about 5
> seconds then it dissappears again. Is it supposed to do that?

My WAG is no, but...

If you expect help, then please provide precise and useful details.  For
example, you did not even specify on what icon you clicked.  Maybe the
above behavior is normal for clicking on the IE icon? :,)

BTW, basic Cygwin setup questions and problems should be posted to
<cygwin@cygwin.com> and not here.

Please read the following:

Jason