Обсуждение: configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

От
"Nick Kelly"
Дата:
Hello

I desparately need help

I am operating on windows 98 and have downloaded the latest version of postgresql 7.3

I have installed cgywin in C:/cgywin

I have downloaded and installed cgyipc in C:\cygwin\cygipc-1.13

I have installed postgres in c:/postgres

I have downloaded a C compiler from the wen in c:/postgress/lcc

I can start the cgywin environment and cd to c:/postgres and type ./configure but it always stops at the

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

I have also tried to follow the atteched document from your site with no success

please advise

Nick Kelly

Вложения

Re: configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Nick,

Please only cross-post when appropriate -- which is rare.

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 10:04:49AM +1100, Nick Kelly wrote:
> configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

Examination of the end of config.log should indicate what the problem
is.  However, my WAG is that you did not install gcc.

BTW, why don't you just use the pre-built binary that is part of the
standard Cygwin distribution?  Please read the README:

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.3.1.README

Jason