Обсуждение: postgres on win32

postgres on win32

От
Emmanuel PIERRE
Дата:
Hi,

  do you know a place where I can find binaries for postgres ?

Regards,

   emmanuel

--
-= Emmanuel PIERRE            ICQ: 19153556         epierre@e-nef.com =-
http://www.e-nef.com/users/epierre

Re: postgres on win32

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mercredi 27 Février 2002 09:12, Emmanuel PIERRE a écrit :
>   do you know a place where I can find binaries for postgres ?

PostgreSQL 7.2 is included in Cygwin standard installation at
http://www.cygwin.com.

pgAdmin2, Windows GUI for PostgreSQL, can be found at
http://pgadmin.postgresl.org.

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Jean-Michel POURE

Re: postgres on win32

От
Dave Page

http://www.pgadmin.org/ - though the above URL would work if it weren't for
the typo :-)

Regards, Dave.

Re: postgres on win32

От
Emmanuel PIERRE
Дата:
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Mercredi 27 Février 2002 09:12, Emmanuel PIERRE a écrit :
>
>>  do you know a place where I can find binaries for postgres ?
>>

> PostgreSQL 7.2 is included in Cygwin standard installation at
> http://www.cygwin.com.
>
> pgAdmin2, Windows GUI for PostgreSQL, can be found at
> http://pgadmin.postgresl.org.
>
> Enjoy!

Bonjour,

   il n'y a pas de packages disponibles plutot qu'un downloader pour
cygwin ?

   j'ai reçu ce message:

  Sorry, but you have specified an invalid conquestnet email address.
    Please email info@conquestnet.com if you have questions about
    which conquestnet.com email addresses are valid.
    Thank you! (Your original message follows.)

  From pgsql-cygwin-owner+M1073@postgresql.org Wed Feb 27 03:17:33 2002
> il n'y a pas de packages disponibles plutot qu'un downloader pour
> cygwin ?
>    j'ai reçu ce message:

Hi Emmanuel,

PostgreSQL cannot be compiled natively under Windows. PostgreSQL needs Cygwin
posix emulation layer to run under Windows.

The only alternative solution for a native installer would be to compile
PostgreSQL + Cygwin staticaly. This used to be possible with old versions of
Cygwin, but this is not true with newer Cygwin versions.

Therefore ... the only possible solution is to install Cygwin. During the
installation, you can choose the required packages and install them only.
PostgreSQL is part of these packages. This is quite straightforward.

Between: if you need more info, do not hesitate to write me in English...

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: postgres on win32

От
Jean-Michel POURE
Дата:
Le Mercredi 27 Février 2002 10:06, Dave Page a écrit :
> http://www.pgadmin.org/ - though the above URL would work if it weren't for
> the typo :-)

Hi Dave,

From my desktop, http://www.pgadmin.org/ points to PostgreSQL mirrors. You
might not see it if your DNS server is hosted on your local network. The only
valid address today is http://pgadmin.postgresql.org

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Re: postgres on win32

От
Dave Page

It's not my DNS, it's hub.org's. Something's gone wrong though, I'll email
them.

Thanks, Dave.