Обсуждение: Little Problem with cygwin and PostgreSQL

Little Problem with cygwin and PostgreSQL

От
"First Name Last Name"
Дата:
Hi everybody,

I was using PostgreSQL and cygwin for a while without problems,
but 6 months ago I installed new versions and since then I have
the following problems:
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: The descriptor is a file, not a socket.

I readed all the mailing lists, but nothing helps. I am using
Windows 98 Ver 4.10 and installed cygwin 1.3.6-6, postgresql 7.1.3-1 and
cygipc-1.11-1, but the problems still remain.

The problem appears when my program (in java) finishes the
connection with the database.

In fact, it is not a serious problem, since everything works well,
only that when the programs try to finalize the connection those
messages appears.

Perhaps the problem lies in the version of my pgsql.jar file. If
so, where can I find the latest version of pgsql.jar for postgreSQL 7.1.3?.

Thanks

Re: Little Problem with cygwin and PostgreSQL

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 07:00:39PM +0100, First Name Last Name wrote:
> Perhaps the problem lies in the version of my pgsql.jar file. If
> so, where can I find the latest version of pgsql.jar for postgreSQL 7.1.3?.

It's already on your disk:

    /usr/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar

Jason

Re: Little Problem with cygwin and PostgreSQL

От
"First Name Last Name"
Дата:
Hi,

>It's already on your disk:
>
>     /usr/share/postgresql/java/postgresql.jar

Thanks. I tested with it (and others too) and I have more problems than
before.

Anyway, I will continue using the old driver, because the problem is not so
relevant, the database is not corrupted and all the data is OK.

When I finish the program the following appears:
An I/O error has occured while flushing the output -
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
    java.lang.Throwable()
    java.lang.Exception()
    java.sql.SQLException()
    org.postgresql.util.PSQLException(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object)
    void org.postgresql.PG_Stream.flush()
    java.sql.ResultSet org.postgresql.Connection.ExecSQL(java.lang.String)
    void org.postgresql.jdbc2.Connection.commit()

And in the logfile appears:
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Best regards