Обсуждение: pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

Thomas Munro

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9117985b6ba9beda4f280f596035649fc23b6233

Modified Files
--------------
contrib/contrib-global.mk | 5 +++++
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+)

Re: pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

От
Andrew Dunstan

On 02/26/2016 02:10 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

Wouldn't it be better to move this stuff from here and the regress
Makefile into Makefile.global.in?

That's what I was planning to do when I had time.

cheers

andrew

Re: pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 6:19 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 02/26/2016 02:10 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to move this stuff from here and the regress Makefile
> into Makefile.global.in?

Possibly.  What difference does it make?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
On 2016-02-27 07:43:15 +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 6:19 AM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> > On 02/26/2016 02:10 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> >> Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be better to move this stuff from here and the regress Makefile
> > into Makefile.global.in?
>
> Possibly.  What difference does it make?

Less duplication?

Re: pgsql: Respect TEMP_CONFIG when running contrib regression tests.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2016-02-27 07:43:15 +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
>> >
>> > Wouldn't it be better to move this stuff from here and the regress Makefile
>> > into Makefile.global.in?
>>
>> Possibly.  What difference does it make?
>
> Less duplication?

Sure.  Saving three lines of Makefile duplication is hardly a
world-shattering event, so I thought there might be some other
purpose.  But I'm not against saving three lines of duplication
either, if it won't break anything.

--

On 02/26/2016 09:21 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 7:47 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>>> Possibly.  What difference does it make?
>> Less duplication?
> Sure.  Saving three lines of Makefile duplication is hardly a
> world-shattering event, so I thought there might be some other
> purpose.  But I'm not against saving three lines of duplication
> either, if it won't break anything.

The point is that we should do this for several other test sets as well
as contrib - isolation tests, PL tests and ecpg tests.

cheers

andrew