Обсуждение: pgsql: Fix bug in checking of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM result.

pgsql: Fix bug in checking of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM result.

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
Fix bug in checking of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM result.

5a991ef8692ed0d170b44958a81a6bd70e90585 added new column into
the result of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM command. But it was not reflected into
several codes checking that result. Specifically though the number of
columns in the result was increased to 4, it was still compared with 3
in some replication codes.

Back-patch to 9.4 where the number of columns in IDENTIFY_SYSTEM
result was increased.

Report from Michael Paquier

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/083d29c65b7897f90c70e6dc0a4240a5fa75c8f2

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/replication/libpqwalreceiver/libpqwalreceiver.c |    4 ++--
src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_basebackup.c                       |    4 ++--
src/bin/pg_basebackup/pg_receivexlog.c                      |    4 ++--
src/bin/pg_basebackup/receivelog.c                          |    4 ++--

Re: pgsql: Fix bug in checking of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM result.

От
Andres Freund
Дата:
Hi,

On 2014-08-19 08:44:41 +0000, Fujii Masao wrote:
> Fix bug in checking of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM result.
>
> 5a991ef8692ed0d170b44958a81a6bd70e90585 added new column into
> the result of IDENTIFY_SYSTEM command. But it was not reflected into
> several codes checking that result. Specifically though the number of
> columns in the result was increased to 4, it was still compared with 3
> in some replication codes.
>
> Back-patch to 9.4 where the number of columns in IDENTIFY_SYSTEM
> result was increased.
>
> Report from Michael Paquier

Uh. This is wrong. Those code locations where adjusted, but we chose not
to require 4 columns because that prohibits using the utilities against
< 9.4.

Where was this "bug" reported?

Greetings,

Andres Freund