Обсуждение: pgsql: Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC

pgsql: Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC builds.

This has probably been broken for quite a long time. Buildfarm member
currawong's current results suggest that it's been broken since 9.1, so
backpatch this to that branch.

This only supports Python 2 - I will handle Python 3 separately, but
this is a fairly simple fix.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ef158312e96960bfbc802ceda58f432f6fd845eb

Modified Files
--------------
src/tools/msvc/vcregress.pl |   11 +++++++++--

Re: pgsql: Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC

Дата:
> Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC builds.
> This has probably been broken for quite a long time. Buildfarm member
> currawong's current results suggest that it's been broken since 9.1, so
> backpatch this to that branch.

While not objecting to the patch itself, I don't understand this commit
message.  I see no recent buildfarm results suggesting that currawong
(or indeed any other MSVC critter) is unhappy with plpython.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC

От
Andrew Dunstan
Дата:
On 04/16/2014 02:00 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC builds.
>> This has probably been broken for quite a long time. Buildfarm member
>> currawong's current results suggest that it's been broken since 9.1, so
>> backpatch this to that branch.
> While not objecting to the patch itself, I don't understand this commit
> message.  I see no recent buildfarm results suggesting that currawong
> (or indeed any other MSVC critter) is unhappy with plpython.

The reason it's not unhappy is that it's not running the plpython tests
at all, because it's testing for the wrong directory's existence. This
is meant to rectify that.

cheers

andrew

Re: pgsql: Attempt to get plpython regression tests working again for MSVC

Дата:
> On 04/16/2014 02:00 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> While not objecting to the patch itself, I don't understand this commit
>> message.  I see no recent buildfarm results suggesting that currawong
>> (or indeed any other MSVC critter) is unhappy with plpython.

> The reason it's not unhappy is that it's not running the plpython tests
> at all, because it's testing for the wrong directory's existence. This
> is meant to rectify that.

Ah, understood.  The commit message could've been clearer about that.

            regards, tom lane