Обсуждение: pgsql: Remove ipc_test.

pgsql: Remove ipc_test.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Remove ipc_test.

This doesn't seem to be useful any more, and it's not really worth the
effort to keep updating it every time relevant dependencies or calling
signatures in the shared memory or semaphore code change.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b8a721149b190dc09c00620f65cb85b190b83d45

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/port/Makefile   |    4 -
src/backend/port/ipc_test.c |  334 -------------------------------------------
2 files changed, 338 deletions(-)

Re: pgsql: Remove ipc_test.

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 7 April 2014 15:42, Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Remove ipc_test.
>
> This doesn't seem to be useful any more, and it's not really worth the
> effort to keep updating it every time relevant dependencies or calling
> signatures in the shared memory or semaphore code change.
>
> Branch
> ------
> master
>
> Details
> -------
> http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b8a721149b190dc09c00620f65cb85b190b83d45
>
> Modified Files
> --------------
> src/backend/port/Makefile   |    4 -
> src/backend/port/ipc_test.c |  334 -------------------------------------------
> 2 files changed, 338 deletions(-)

Noooo!  That was my favourite test!

--
Thom

Re: pgsql: Remove ipc_test.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
> Noooo!  That was my favourite test!

/me blinks.

Is that a serious objection, or are you just being flip?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: pgsql: Remove ipc_test.

От
Thom Brown
Дата:
On 7 April 2014 15:51, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>> Noooo!  That was my favourite test!
>
> /me blinks.
>
> Is that a serious objection, or are you just being flip?

I've never used it.

--
Thom

Re: pgsql: Remove ipc_test.

Дата:
Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
> Remove ipc_test.

Please zap the ipc_test references in the Makefile's "make clean" target
too.

I realize you probably left those in intentionally, but I don't think
it's a good idea for clean targets to remove files that weren't built.
I think such leftover operations are time bombs: someday, many years
from now, that might remove a file somebody wanted.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Remove ipc_test.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Remove ipc_test.
>
> Please zap the ipc_test references in the Makefile's "make clean" target
> too.
>
> I realize you probably left those in intentionally, but I don't think
> it's a good idea for clean targets to remove files that weren't built.
> I think such leftover operations are time bombs: someday, many years
> from now, that might remove a file somebody wanted.

Nah, just an oversight.  Sorry about that; removed now.