Обсуждение: pgsql: Add C comment about why we send cache invalidation messages for

pgsql: Add C comment about why we send cache invalidation messages for

Дата:
Add C comment about why we send cache invalidation messages for
session-local objects.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f458c90bff45ecae91fb55ef2b938af37d977af3

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/cache/inval.c |    4 ++++

Re: pgsql: Add C comment about why we send cache invalidation messages for

Дата:
> Add C comment about why we send cache invalidation messages for
> session-local objects.

This comment seems inaccurate and bizarrely placed.  What question
were you trying to answer?

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Add C comment about why we send cache invalidation messages for
> > session-local objects.
>
> This comment seems inaccurate and bizarrely placed.  What question
> were you trying to answer?

It was in response to my email where I asked why we are sending cache
invalidation messages for temporary tables that can't be seen by any
other backends:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-03/msg00844.php

i.e. why are we generating unnecessary invalidation traffic.  Is there a
better place for the comment?

Re: pgsql: Add C comment about why we send cache invalidation messages for

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This comment seems inaccurate and bizarrely placed.  What question
>> were you trying to answer?

> It was in response to my email where I asked why we are sending cache
> invalidation messages for temporary tables that can't be seen by any
> other backends:
>     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-03/msg00844.php

Oh.  OK, I cleaned it up a bit.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> This comment seems inaccurate and bizarrely placed.  What question
> >> were you trying to answer?
>
> > It was in response to my email where I asked why we are sending cache
> > invalidation messages for temporary tables that can't be seen by any
> > other backends:
> >     http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-03/msg00844.php
>
> Oh.  OK, I cleaned it up a bit.

Thanks.  Good to have it documented.