Обсуждение: pgsql: Remove ancient -X options to pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore.

pgsql: Remove ancient -X options to pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
Remove ancient -X options to pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore.

The last version in which these options were documented is now EOL, so
it's time to get rid of them for real.  We now use GNU-style long
options instead.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c5eb835bbffb99518405a1e5bccb58c85e0ab30e

Modified Files
--------------
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c    |   25 +------------------------
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dumpall.c |   24 ------------------------
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_restore.c |   25 +------------------------

Re: pgsql: Remove ancient -X options to pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore.

Дата:
Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
> Remove ancient -X options to pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore.
> The last version in which these options were documented is now EOL, so
> it's time to get rid of them for real.  We now use GNU-style long
> options instead.

It looks like you forgot to remove 'X:' from the getopt calls.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Remove ancient -X options to pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore.

От
Robert Haas
Дата:
On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 9:05 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Remove ancient -X options to pg_dump, pg_dumpall, pg_restore.
>> The last version in which these options were documented is now EOL, so
>> it's time to get rid of them for real.  We now use GNU-style long
>> options instead.
>
> It looks like you forgot to remove 'X:' from the getopt calls.

Good catch, thanks.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company