Обсуждение: PgFoundry mailings

PgFoundry mailings

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Why do we keep getting pgfoundry commit mailings sent to this list at
irregular intervals?  Can someone get this under control?

Re: PgFoundry mailings

От
Devrim GUNDUZ
Дата:

Re: PgFoundry mailings

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
> I think this has been discussed before. The default is that the
> commit e-mails are sent to this list. However each project may change
> this behaviour by adding some files to CVS repo. We did it in
> pgsqlrpms project.

But there was supposed to be some way to filter them, which apparently
doesn't work consistently.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: PgFoundry mailings

Дата:
> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>> I think this has been discussed before. The default is that the
>> commit e-mails are sent to this list. However each project may change
>> this behaviour by adding some files to CVS repo. We did it in
>> pgsqlrpms project.

> But there was supposed to be some way to filter them, which apparently
> doesn't work consistently.

Yes.  I thought all pgfoundry commit messages were going to be tagged
with a special header line, along the lines of "X-Pgfoundry: project",
so that you could drop 'em all or alternatively filter by project.
The rather large number of pgestraier mailings that showed up today
haven't got any such label.

If the labeling depends on the knowledge and cooperation of the
individual project leaders it will not work --- it has to be done
site-wide.

If nothing is done I'm probably personally going to start filtering
against "From: anyone@pgfoundry.org" which would be unfortunate,
since it'd likely catch non-commit messages too.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PgFoundry mailings

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
Let me look into it ... I can't see it set anywhere, but will get it fixed
ASAP ...

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

>> Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:
>>> I think this has been discussed before. The default is that the
>>> commit e-mails are sent to this list. However each project may change
>>> this behaviour by adding some files to CVS repo. We did it in
>>> pgsqlrpms project.
>
>> But there was supposed to be some way to filter them, which apparently
>> doesn't work consistently.
>
> Yes.  I thought all pgfoundry commit messages were going to be tagged
> with a special header line, along the lines of "X-Pgfoundry: project",
> so that you could drop 'em all or alternatively filter by project.
> The rather large number of pgestraier mailings that showed up today
> haven't got any such label.
>
> If the labeling depends on the knowledge and cooperation of the
> individual project leaders it will not work --- it has to be done
> site-wide.
>
> If nothing is done I'm probably personally going to start filtering
> against "From: anyone@pgfoundry.org" which would be unfortunate,
> since it'd likely catch non-commit messages too.
>
>             regards, tom lane

>       match

----

Re: PgFoundry mailings

От
Tatsuo Ishii
Дата:
Marc,

Did you do something with pgfoundry? It seems I cannot get cvs commit
working on pgfoudary.

cvs commit: cannot exec /usr/local/bin/activitymail: No such file or directory
cvs commit: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!
--
Tatsuo Ishii

> Let me look into it ... I can't see it set anywhere, but will get it fixed
> ASAP ...
>

> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
> >
> >> But there was supposed to be some way to filter them, which apparently
> >> doesn't work consistently.
> >
> > Yes.  I thought all pgfoundry commit messages were going to be tagged
> > with a special header line, along the lines of "X-Pgfoundry: project",
> > so that you could drop 'em all or alternatively filter by project.
> > The rather large number of pgestraier mailings that showed up today
> > haven't got any such label.
> >
> > If the labeling depends on the knowledge and cooperation of the
> > individual project leaders it will not work --- it has to be done
> > site-wide.
> >
> > If nothing is done I'm probably personally going to start filtering
> > against "From: anyone@pgfoundry.org" which would be unfortunate,
> > since it'd likely catch non-commit messages too.
> >
> >             regards, tom lane

> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
> >       choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
> >       match
> >

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Re: PgFoundry mailings

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:

> Marc,
>
> Did you do something with pgfoundry? It seems I cannot get cvs commit
> working on pgfoudary.
>
> cvs commit: cannot exec /usr/local/bin/activitymail: No such file or directory
> cvs commit: Pre-commit check failed
> cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

This should already be fixed, per Tom's report yesterday ... should be
fixed now ...

----