Обсуждение: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

От
pgsql@svr1.postgresql.org (PostgreSQL Daemon)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    pgsql@svr1.postgresql.org    04/01/19 16:07:14

Removed files:
    src/interfaces/jdbc: Makefile README build.xml
    src/interfaces/jdbc/example: ImageViewer.java Unicode.java
                                 basic.java blobtest.java
                                 datestyle.java metadata.java
                                 psql.java threadsafe.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/example/corba: StockClient.java StockDB.java
                                       StockDispenserImpl.java
                                       StockItemImpl.java
                                       StockServer.java readme
                                       stock.idl stock.sql
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql: Driver.java.in
                                        PGConnection.java
                                        PGNotification.java
                                        PGRefCursorResultSet.java
                                        PGStatement.java
                                        errors.properties
                                        errors_de.properties
                                        errors_fr.properties
                                        errors_it.properties
                                        errors_nl.properties
                                        errors_pl.properties
                                        errors_pt_BR.properties
                                        errors_ru.properties
                                        errors_zh_TW.properties
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/core: BaseConnection.java
                                             BaseResultSet.java
                                             BaseStatement.java
                                             Encoding.java
                                             Field.java
                                             Notification.java
                                             PGStream.java
                                             QueryExecutor.java
                                             StartupPacket.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/fastpath: Fastpath.java
                                                 FastpathArg.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/geometric: PGbox.java
                                                  PGcircle.java
                                                  PGline.java
                                                  PGlseg.java
                                                  PGpath.java
                                                  PGpoint.java
                                                  PGpolygon.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1:
                                              AbstractJdbc1Connection.java
                                              AbstractJdbc1DatabaseMetaData.java
                                              AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java
                                              AbstractJdbc1ResultSetMetaData.java
                                              AbstractJdbc1Statement.java
                                              Jdbc1CallableStatement.java
                                              Jdbc1Connection.java
                                              Jdbc1DatabaseMetaData.java
                                              Jdbc1PreparedStatement.java
                                              Jdbc1RefCursorResultSet.java
                                              Jdbc1ResultSet.java
                                              Jdbc1ResultSetMetaData.java
                                              Jdbc1Statement.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc2: AbstractJdbc2Blob.java
                                              AbstractJdbc2Clob.java
                                              AbstractJdbc2Connection.java
                                              AbstractJdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java
                                              AbstractJdbc2ResultSet.java
                                              AbstractJdbc2ResultSetMetaData.java
                                              AbstractJdbc2Statement.java
                                              Array.java
                                              Jdbc2Blob.java
                                              Jdbc2CallableStatement.java
                                              Jdbc2Clob.java
                                              Jdbc2Connection.java
                                              Jdbc2DatabaseMetaData.java
                                              Jdbc2PreparedStatement.java
                                              Jdbc2RefCursorResultSet.java
                                              Jdbc2ResultSet.java
                                              Jdbc2ResultSetMetaData.java
                                              Jdbc2Statement.java
                                              PBatchUpdateException.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3: AbstractJdbc3Blob.java
                                              AbstractJdbc3Clob.java
                                              AbstractJdbc3Connection.java
                                              AbstractJdbc3DatabaseMetaData.java
                                              AbstractJdbc3ResultSet.java
                                              AbstractJdbc3Statement.java
                                              Jdbc3Blob.java
                                              Jdbc3CallableStatement.java
                                              Jdbc3Clob.java
                                              Jdbc3Connection.java
                                              Jdbc3ConnectionPool.java
                                              Jdbc3DatabaseMetaData.java
                                              Jdbc3ObjectFactory.java
                                              Jdbc3PooledConnection.java
                                              Jdbc3PoolingDataSource.java
                                              Jdbc3PreparedStatement.java
                                              Jdbc3RefCursorResultSet.java
                                              Jdbc3ResultSet.java
                                              Jdbc3ResultSetMetaData.java
                                              Jdbc3SimpleDataSource.java
                                              Jdbc3Statement.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test: README TestUtil.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/jdbc2: ANTTest.java
                                                   BatchExecuteTest.java
                                                   BlobTest.java
                                                   CallableStmtTest.java
                                                   ConnectionTest.java
                                                   CursorFetchTest.java
                                                   DatabaseMetaDataPropertiesTest.java
                                                   DatabaseMetaDataTest.java
                                                   DateTest.java
                                                   DriverTest.java
                                                   EncodingTest.java
                                                   JBuilderTest.java
                                                   Jdbc2TestSuite.java
                                                   MiscTest.java
                                                   OID74Test.java
                                                   RefCursorTest.java
                                                   ResultSetTest.java
                                                   ServerPreparedStmtTest.java
                                                   TimeTest.java
                                                   TimestampTest.java
                                                   UpdateableResultTest.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/jdbc2/optional:
                                                            BaseDataSourceTest.java
                                                            ConnectionPoolTest.java
                                                            OptionalTestSuite.java
                                                            PoolingDataSourceTest.java
                                                            SimpleDataSourceTest.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/jdbc3:
                                                   Jdbc3ConnectionPoolTest.java
                                                   Jdbc3PoolingDataSourceTest.java
                                                   Jdbc3SimpleDataSourceTest.java
                                                   Jdbc3TestSuite.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/test/util:
                                                  MiniJndiContext.java
                                                  MiniJndiContextFactory.java
    src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/util: MD5Digest.java
                                             MessageTranslator.java
                                             PGbytea.java
                                             PGmoney.java
                                             PGobject.java
                                             PGtokenizer.java
                                             PSQLException.java
                                             PSQLState.java
                                             UnixCrypt.java

Log message:
    JDBC is now on GBorg

Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
pgsql@svr1.postgresql.org (PostgreSQL Daemon) writes:
>     JDBC is now on GBorg

Was this publicly discussed anywhere?

-Neil

Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Neil Conway wrote:

> pgsql@svr1.postgresql.org (PostgreSQL Daemon) writes:
> >     JDBC is now on GBorg
>
> Was this publicly discussed anywhere?

Oh, about 6 months ago or so ... we'd just been waiting for 7.4 to be
released before doing the move ...

----

Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Neil Conway wrote:
> > pgsql@svr1.postgresql.org (PostgreSQL Daemon) writes:
> > >     JDBC is now on GBorg
> >
> > Was this publicly discussed anywhere?
>
> Oh, about 6 months ago or so ... we'd just been waiting for 7.4 to be
> released before doing the move ...

Can you point out where that might have been?

Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

Дата:
> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Neil Conway wrote:
>>> Was this publicly discussed anywhere?
>>
>> Oh, about 6 months ago or so ... we'd just been waiting for 7.4 to be
>> released before doing the move ...

> Can you point out where that might have been?

According to my archives, Marc has been wanting to do this for nigh two
years:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2002-02/msg00030.php
He got a lot of pushback at the time, but this past summer it was
finally agreed to do it:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-06/msg00112.php
only not during the 7.4 beta cycle.  That's done, we finally got the
gborg project set up for JDBC, it's time to get on with it.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> He got a lot of pushback at the time, but this past summer it was
> finally agreed to do it:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-06/msg00112.php
> only not during the 7.4 beta cycle.  That's done, we finally got the
> gborg project set up for JDBC, it's time to get on with it.

That sounded a lot like that Marc just said it would happen rather than
a broad dicussion about it.  It seems that in particular the JDBC
developers were the most unsure about it.

Re: pgsql-server/src/interfaces/jdbc Makefile READ ...

От
Kris Jurka

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
> > He got a lot of pushback at the time, but this past summer it was
> > finally agreed to do it:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-06/msg00112.php
> > only not during the 7.4 beta cycle.  That's done, we finally got the
> > gborg project set up for JDBC, it's time to get on with it.
>
> That sounded a lot like that Marc just said it would happen rather than
> a broad dicussion about it.  It seems that in particular the JDBC
> developers were the most unsure about it.

That's basically the gist of it.  No one on the JDBC team was in favor of
the move and we felt that we were bullied into it.  We asked Marc to
reconsider and after some mostly off list discussion the core voted for
removal.  We have accepted this decision and don't really wish to reignite
the debate.

Kris Jurka