Обсуждение: pgsql-server/src/backend bootstrap/bootstrap.c ...

pgsql-server/src/backend bootstrap/bootstrap.c ...

От
tgl@svr1.postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    tgl@svr1.postgresql.org    03/09/02 16:04:13

Modified files:
    src/backend/bootstrap: bootstrap.c
    src/backend/tcop: postgres.c

Log message:
    Cause standalone backend (including bootstrap case) to read the GUC
    config file if it exists.  This was already discussed as being a good
    idea, and now seems the cleanest way to deal with initdb-time failures
    on machines with small SHMMAX.  (The submitted patches instead modified
    initdb.sh to pass the correct sizing parameters, but that would still
    leave standalone backends prone to failure later.  An admin who needs
    to use a standalone backend has enough trouble already, he shouldn't
    have to manually configure its shmem settings...)

Re: pgsql-server/src/backend bootstrap/bootstrap.c ...

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
Cool.  That fixes the problem I was having perfectly.

Chris

Tom Lane wrote:
> CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
> Module name:    pgsql-server
> Changes by:    tgl@svr1.postgresql.org    03/09/02 16:04:13
>
> Modified files:
>     src/backend/bootstrap: bootstrap.c
>     src/backend/tcop: postgres.c
>
> Log message:
>     Cause standalone backend (including bootstrap case) to read the GUC
>     config file if it exists.  This was already discussed as being a good
>     idea, and now seems the cleanest way to deal with initdb-time failures
>     on machines with small SHMMAX.  (The submitted patches instead modified
>     initdb.sh to pass the correct sizing parameters, but that would still
>     leave standalone backends prone to failure later.  An admin who needs
>     to use a standalone backend has enough trouble already, he shouldn't
>     have to manually configure its shmem settings...)

TODO updated:

    * -Have standalone backend read postgresql.conf (Tom)

I hadn't realized initdb shared_buffers would be effected by this, but
it makes sense it would.