Обсуждение: pgsql/src/test/regress README

pgsql/src/test/regress README

CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@hub.org    01/08/06 18:55:00

Removed files:
    src/test/regress: README

Log message:
    Doesn't seem to be much point in keeping this README up to date anymore,
    since it's completely redundant with regress.sgml.  I think we agreed to
    remove it awhile back, actually, but no one got around to doing it.

Re: pgsql/src/test/regress README

От
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane writes:

> Removed files:
>     src/test/regress: README
>
> Log message:
>     Doesn't seem to be much point in keeping this README up to date anymore,
>     since it's completely redundant with regress.sgml.  I think we agreed to
>     remove it awhile back, actually, but no one got around to doing it.

I think the reason this was there is so people could inform themselves
about the regression tests during the installation process.  At least the
INSTALL file refers them here.

Re: pgsql/src/test/regress README

Дата:
> I think the reason this was there is so people could inform themselves
> about the regression tests during the installation process.  At least the
> INSTALL file refers them here.

Is that a vote to resurrect the README file, or just a reminder to fix
the link from the installation instructions?

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane writes:

> > I think the reason this was there is so people could inform themselves
> > about the regression tests during the installation process.  At least the
> > INSTALL file refers them here.
>
> Is that a vote to resurrect the README file, or just a reminder to fix
> the link from the installation instructions?

In absence of a better plan that maintains the availability of the
information this README file should probably exist.