Обсуждение: BUG #13814: missing command in psql autocompletion

BUG #13814: missing command in psql autocompletion

От
johannes@selfnet.de
Дата:

Bug reference:      13814
Logged by:          Johannes
Email address:      johannes@selfnet.de
PostgreSQL version: 9.4.5
Operating system:   Debian/Arch

I'm pretty accustomed to the autocompletion feature of psql. Now, I found
that altering the tablespace of a materialized view is not included in the
autocompletion options:

db=> ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW mvname <tab>

offers ALTER COLUMN, OWNER TO, RENAME TO and SET SCHEMA, but not SET as for
tables. When manually entered, the autocompletion options are the same as if
SET was entered as a command.

Best
  Johannes

Re: BUG #13814: missing command in psql autocompletion

От
Michael Paquier
Дата:
On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 4:32 AM,  <johannes@selfnet.de> wrote:
> I'm pretty accustomed to the autocompletion feature of psql. Now, I found
> that altering the tablespace of a materialized view is not included in the
> autocompletion options:
>
> db=> ALTER MATERIALIZED VIEW mvname <tab>
>
> offers ALTER COLUMN, OWNER TO, RENAME TO and SET SCHEMA, but not SET as for
> tables. When manually entered, the autocompletion options are the same as if
> SET was entered as a command.

Yeah, it would be more portable to hint first to SET, and then match
with the other keywords, like WITHOUT, TABLESPACE, SCHEMA, etc. And
actually ALTER MATVIEW SET does not hint correctly as well. See for
example the patch attached that improves a bit the situation. Note
that "SET (" does not hint to the list of parameters, we may want to
add some more stuff for the equivalent portion in ALTER TABLE SET, not
sure that's worth it...
--
Michael

Вложения