Обсуждение: database and table information collect

database and table information collect

От
許耀彰
Дата:
Dear Support Team,
How can we know each table of database information as listed as below?

Maximum Database Size

Maximum Table Size

Maximum Row Size

Maximum Field Size

Maximum Rows per Table

Maximum Columns per Table

Maximum Indexes per Table

Thank you.

Re: database and table information collect

Дата:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 07:07:32AM +0800, 許耀彰 wrote:
> Dear Support Team,
> How can we know each table of database information as listed as below?
>

> Maximum Database Size
>
> Maximum Table Size
>
> Maximum Row Size
>
> Maximum Field Size
>
> Maximum Rows per Table
>
> Maximum Columns per Table
>
> Maximum Indexes per Table

See this:

    https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#What_is_the_maximum_size_for_a_row.2C_a_table.2C_and_a_database.3F

+ Roman grave inscription                             +

Re: database and table information collect

От
許耀彰
Дата:
Dear Bruce,
How do we know our database situation  as listed as below: (How many size of each table used condition? ) Thank you.

--
  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
  EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

+ Roman grave inscription                             +

Re: database and table information collect

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 10/19/2015 9:30 PM, 許耀彰 wrote:
> Dear Bruce,
> How do we know our database situation  as listed as below: (How many
> size of each table used condition? ) Thank you.

these questions would better be asked of the pg_general email list, and
not the bug reporting mail list, as they are not bug reports.

that said, this was answered when you asked it 3 days ago... there's a
series of functions like pg_relation_size(), pg_total_relation_size()
which will give you the size of a specific table.   these are all
documented here,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/functions-admin.html

if you want the size of every table, then you could do something like...

select table_schema || '.' || table_name,
pg_size_pretty(pg_total_relation_size(table_schema||'.'||table_name))
from informa
tion_schema.tables where table_schema not in ('pg_catalog',
'information_schema') order by pg_total_relation_size(table_schema||'.'|