Обсуждение: BUG #13628: System Hangs During Update Query

BUG #13628: System Hangs During Update Query

От
manoj.sagar@globallogic.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      13628
Logged by:          manoj kumar
Email address:      manoj.sagar@globallogic.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   OpenSuse

Hi I am running an update command on the postgress ,the query is quite long
so sometimes my system hangs up during this command and we have to restart
the postgres as a workaround .WE are not able to locate the problem so
please help us in this scenario,we have checked the pg_stats_activity and
pg_locks also but no information could be fetched about the issue

Re: BUG #13628: System Hangs During Update Query

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 09/21/2015 12:57 AM, manoj.sagar@globallogic.com wrote:
>=20
> Bug reference:      13628
> Logged by:          manoj kumar
> Email address:      manoj.sagar@globallogic.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> Operating system:   OpenSuse
>=20
> Hi I am running an update command on the postgress ,the query is quite =
long
> so sometimes my system hangs up during this command and we have to rest=
art
> the postgres as a workaround .WE are not able to locate the problem so
> please help us in this scenario,we have checked the pg_stats_activity a=
nd
> pg_locks also but no information could be fetched about the issue

First of all, this is unlikely to be a bug, and thus this is the wrong
place. Please use the pgsql-general list. If needed sign up here:

  http://www.postgresql.org/list/).

Second, there is not nearly enough information here for anyone to help
you. Please read the information here *prior* to posting on pgsql-general=
:

  https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

HTH,

Joe

--=20
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Re: BUG #13628: System Hangs During Update Query

От
David Gould
Дата:
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 07:57:28 +0000
manoj.sagar@globallogic.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      13628
> Logged by:          manoj kumar
> Email address:      manoj.sagar@globallogic.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> Operating system:   OpenSuse

You are running postgresql 9.1.3. While your problem is most likely not a
postgres bug, many bugs have been fixed since 9.1.3 was released. You
should consider updating to the current release of postgresql in the 9.1
series which is 9.1.18. This may or may not address your issue, but it is
good practice to stay up to date.

-dg

--
David Gould              510 282 0869         daveg@sonic.net