Обсуждение: BUG #11204: Log reason for authentication failure

BUG #11204: Log reason for authentication failure

От
tony.locke@wessexwater.co.uk
Дата:

Bug reference:      11204
Logged by:          Tony Locke
Email address:      tony.locke@wessexwater.co.uk
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.9
Operating system:   Windows Server 2008

Hi, recently I couldn't work out why a user couldn't log in, and it turned
out that their role had expired. In the log, postgres merely said that the
log in had failed, but didn't give the reason. It would be really good if it
said in the log that it failed because the role had expired.

Thanks,

Tony.

Re: BUG #11204: Log reason for authentication failure

> Hi, recently I couldn't work out why a user couldn't log in, and it turned
> out that their role had expired. In the log, postgres merely said that the
> log in had failed, but didn't give the reason. It would be really good if it
> said in the log that it failed because the role had expired.

Already done for 9.4 and later.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=64e43c59b817a78ddf70f2fd62de31a4add5d988

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #11204: Log reason for authentication failure

От
Tony Locke
> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
> > Bug reference:      11204
> > Logged by:          Tony Locke
> > Email address:      tony.locke@wessexwater.co.uk
> > PostgreSQL version: 9.2.9
> > Operating system:   Windows Server 2008
>=20
> > Hi, recently I couldn't work out why a user couldn't log in, and it
> > turned out that their role had expired. In the log, postgres merely
> > said that the log in had failed, but didn't give the reason. It would
> > be really good if it said in the log that it failed because the role ha=
d expired.
>=20
> Already done for 9.4 and later.
>=20
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=3Dpostgresql.git&a=3Dcommitdiff&h=3D6=
4e43c
> 59b817a78ddf70f2fd62de31a4add5d988
>=20
>             regards, tom lane
>=20

********

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended =
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. =
If you have received this email in error please contact the Wessex Water Su=
pport Centre

email :- support@wessexwater.co.uk

www.mimesweeper.com

********