Обсуждение: Is this a bug?

Is this a bug?

От
Davide Gonnella
Дата:
Hi guys,

I've received this warning with the note to forward it to this address so
 I am writing you.

"warning: Could not determine encoding for locale "en_US-UTF-8" codeset is
"646"

I've init the DB with the following command, perhaps is this the cause? (I
would like to SE UTF-8 as codeset)

initdb --pgdata=/var/postgresql/data -E 'UTF-8' --lc-collate='en_US-UTF-8'
--lc-ctype='en_US-UTF-8'

Btw I've done is before on test env and I haven't see this error on
"create database"

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Davide

Re: Is this a bug?

От
desmodemone
Дата:

> Hi guys,
>
> I've received this warning with the note to forward it to this address so
>  I am writing you.
>
> "warning: Could not determine encoding for locale "en_US-UTF-8" codeset is
> "646"
>
> I've init the DB with the following command, perhaps is this the cause? (I
> would like to SE UTF-8 as codeset)
>
> initdb --pgdata=/var/postgresql/data -E 'UTF-8' --lc-collate='en_US-UTF-8'
> --lc-ctype='en_US-UTF-8'
>
> Btw I've done is before on test env and I haven't see this error on
> "create database"
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best Regards,
> Davide

Hi Davide,
                    I not think en_US-UTF-8 is a valid locale naming,
could you try with en_US.UTF-8  ?

Thanks

Mat

Re: Is this a bug?

Дата:
Davide Gonnella <davide.gonnella@gmail.com> writes:
> "warning: Could not determine encoding for locale "en_US-UTF-8" codeset is
> "646"

Are you sure that locale name is actually defined on your system?
"locale -a" will list the known names.

            regards, tom lane