Обсуждение: initdb -E UTF-8 postgres ..\data fails

initdb -E UTF-8 postgres ..\data fails

От
"OLIVER, Michael N."
Дата:
Following your installation tutorial on Windows 7 64bit.

The error says too many command-line arguments...

But I believe the error should be database already exists.

Michael "MO" Oliver
Lead Architect, Smart SOA COE
42F Rufino Pacific Tower
09479927462

This communication is intended solely for the use of the addressee and auth=
orized recipients.  It may contain confidential or legally privileged infor=
mation and is subject to the conditions in http://www1.smart.com.ph/corpora=
te/disclaimer.

Re: initdb -E UTF-8 postgres ..\data fails

От
David G Johnston
Дата:
OLIVER, Michael N. wrote
> Following your installation tutorial on Windows 7 64bit.
>
> The error says too many command-line arguments...
>
> But I believe the error should be database already exists.

You might want to link to the document you are referring to.

Initdb only takes a single argument <directory>.  You have provided two:
"postgres" and "..\data"

It doesn't get far enough to check for an existing database since you messed
up the command itself.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/app-initdb.html

David J.