Обсуждение: BUG #8956: fedora download does not contain pg_config

BUG #8956: fedora download does not contain pg_config

От
kieran.mccusker@gmail.com
Дата:

Bug reference:      8956
Logged by:          Kieran
Email address:      kieran.mccusker@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
Operating system:   Linux fedora 20

Sorry if this is the wrong place. I was trying to install file_textarray_fdw
but it is not in the fedora contrib rpm so I tried to install it from github
but found that pg_config is not in the client programs. Is this by intent?

Thanks

Kieran

Re: BUG #8956: fedora download does not contain pg_config

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
On 1/24/2014 9:01 AM, kieran.mccusker@gmail.com wrote:
> Sorry if this is the wrong place. I was trying to install file_textarray_fdw
> but it is not in the fedora contrib rpm so I tried to install it from github
> but found that pg_config is not in the client programs. Is this by intent?

put /usr/pgsql-9.3/bin in the front of your PATH, like...

     export PATH=/usr/pgsql-9.3/bin:$PATH

prior to building.

Re: BUG #8956: fedora download does not contain pg_config

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 17:01 +0000, kieran.mccusker@gmail.com wrote:
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.2
> Operating system:   Linux fedora 20
>
> Sorry if this is the wrong place. I was trying to install file_textarray_fdw
> but it is not in the fedora contrib rpm so I tried to install it from github
> but found that pg_config is not in the client programs. Is this by intent?

Yes. We put binaries under $PATH, if they are cross version compabible
-- like vacuumdb, psql, etc.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ