Обсуждение: Please help me wat to do to connect to the database

Please help me wat to do to connect to the database

От
"praveenkumar"

HI iam unable to connect to my postgres server im getting below error

 psql -U postgres
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
 and

/etc/init.d/postgresql start
Starting PostgreSQL ... from
Password:
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
You have new mail.
Sourcing /userhome/postgres/.profile-EIS.....
pg_ctl: another postmaster may be running; trying to start postmaster anyway
pg_ctl: could not start postmaster
Examine the log output.
PostgreSQL failed to start

Thanks & Regards,
PraveenKumar

Get your own FREE website and domain with business email solutions, click here