Обсуждение: BUG #5547: not able to connect to postgres through the oracle using Linux ODBC driver for Postgres

Bug reference:      5547
Logged by:          Hemanth
Email address:      hxkuma5@qwest.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   Linux
Linux ODBC driver for Postgres
Details:

I am able to install Linux ODBC driver for Postgres successfully. i am able
to connect to the postgres using demo in the driver.
but not able to connect to the postgres using the same username and password
from DB LINK created b/w postgres and oracle .

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied [DataDirect][ODBC
PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver][PostgreSQL]FATAL: role "AIP"
does not exist(File miscinit.c;Line 382;Routine InitializeSessionUserId
[DataDirect][ODBC PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver]Socket closed.
ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from APPLES
"Hemanth" <hxkuma5@qwest.com> wrote:

> role "AIP" does not exist

This suggests that you're trying to log in as "AIP", and PostgreSQL
is not finding that role.  Can you connect to PostgreSQL with the
psql command-line utility and run?:

\du

If so, please show us the results.

By the way, in the future please try to pick a more appropriate
list, there is nothing in your report to suggest that this is the
result of a PostgreSQL bug.

See:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

This would probably fit best on pgsql-odbc or pgsql-general.

-Kevin
"Hemanth" <hxkuma5@qwest.com> writes:
> I am able to install Linux ODBC driver for Postgres successfully. i am able
> to connect to the postgres using demo in the driver.
> but not able to connect to the postgres using the same username and password
> from DB LINK created b/w postgres and oracle .

> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied [DataDirect][ODBC
> PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver][PostgreSQL]FATAL: role "AIP"
> does not exist(File miscinit.c;Line 382;Routine InitializeSessionUserId
> [DataDirect][ODBC PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver]Socket closed.
> ORA-02063: preceding 2 lines from APPLES

Wow, there's a lot of extraneous crud in their error messages isn't
there?  But I think the relevant bit is
    FATAL: role "AIP" does not exist
Are you sure you created the user correctly?  Note that Oracle seems to
be sending the role name in all upper case --- if you can't make it stop
doing that, you're going to have to create the user as "AIP" not "aip".
Those are different names.

            regards, tom lane
On 8/07/2010 10:40 PM, Hemanth wrote:

> Bug reference:      5547
> Logged by:          Hemanth
> Email address:      hxkuma5@qwest.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
> Operating system:   Linux
> Linux ODBC driver for Postgres
> Details:
>
> I am able to install Linux ODBC driver for Postgres successfully. i am able
> to connect to the postgres using demo in the driver.
> but not able to connect to the postgres using the same username and password
> from DB LINK created b/w postgres and oracle .

I wonder if there's any way to have the bug report form de-duplicate
posts based on similar/identical text in sequential submissions.

I just replied to this as #5546, only to read a bit further through my
mail queue and find out that others have already addressed it as #5547.

--
Craig Ringer
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Craig Ringer
<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On 8/07/2010 10:40 PM, Hemanth wrote:
>>
>> The following bug has been logged online:
>>
>> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A05547
>> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Hemanth
>> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0hxkuma5@qwest.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
>> Operating system: =A0 Linux
oracle
>> using
>> Linux ODBC driver for Postgres
>> Details:
>>
>> I am able to install Linux ODBC driver for Postgres successfully. i am
>> able
>> to connect to the postgres using demo in the driver.
>> but not able to connect to the postgres using the same username and
>> password
>> from DB LINK created b/w postgres and oracle .
>
> I wonder if there's any way to have the bug report form de-duplicate posts
> based on similar/identical text in sequential submissions.

Not without starting down the path of writing a full blown bug
tracker. The current form just assigns a number from a sequence and
then forwards the text to the mailing list. None of the contents are
stored in the database.

--=20
Dave Page
The Enterprise Postgres Company
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Craig Ringer
> <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>> I wonder if there's any way to have the bug report form de-duplicate posts
>> based on similar/identical text in sequential submissions.

> Not without starting down the path of writing a full blown bug
> tracker. The current form just assigns a number from a sequence and
> then forwards the text to the mailing list. None of the contents are
> stored in the database.

It seems though that it must be very easy to hit "submit" twice, because
we keep seeing these dups.  Is there anything the webpage could do to
discourage that?  Maybe take you to a different page after submitting?

            regards, tom lane
On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 15:26, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 4:03 AM, Craig Ringer
>> <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
>>> I wonder if there's any way to have the bug report form de-duplicate po=
sts
>>> based on similar/identical text in sequential submissions.
>
>> Not without starting down the path of writing a full blown bug
>> tracker. The current form just assigns a number from a sequence and
>> then forwards the text to the mailing list. None of the contents are
>> stored in the database.
>
> It seems though that it must be very easy to hit "submit" twice, because
> we keep seeing these dups. =A0Is there anything the webpage could do to
> discourage that? =A0Maybe take you to a different page after submitting?

The code I have up on the new system will make that a bit better, I
think. But the best thing would be to store the contents of a bug
report in a table somewhere just to  look for duplicates. We can
expire it after just a minute or so. That'll catch the *exact*
duplicates. It could catch partial ones, too.

I'll stick that on the TODO list for the new website ;)

--=20
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/
 Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/