Обсуждение: BUG #5502: Preparing an array return Bug

BUG #5502: Preparing an array return Bug

От
"xMoMx"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5502
Logged by:          xMoMx
Email address:      waritach@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   Window
Details:

Spending the whole day trying to figure this out myself and finally I gave
up. My postGre simply refuse to prepare an array for insert and update. It
work fine when not preparing though. (But heck we all know we want to
prepare everything right?)

Here's the code:
comm.Parameters.Add(new NpgsqlParameter("myArray", NpgsqlDbType.Array |
NpgsqlDbType.Smallint));
comm.Parameters[0].Value = new Int16[2]{0,0};

Once execute, nothing is return. Not even error log.

Re: BUG #5502: Preparing an array return Bug

От
Robert Haas
> Spending the whole day trying to figure this out myself and finally I gave
> up. My postGre simply refuse to prepare an array for insert and update. It
> work fine when not preparing though. (But heck we all know we want to
> prepare everything right?)
>
> Here's the code:
> comm.Parameters.Add(new NpgsqlParameter("myArray", NpgsqlDbType.Array |
> NpgsqlDbType.Smallint));
> comm.Parameters[0].Value =3D new Int16[2]{0,0};
>
> Once execute, nothing is return. Not even error log.

Hmm.  This looks like it might be an npgsql problem.  I confess I
don't know the first thing about npgsql.  I think this might be their
mailing list though - maybe you want to try there?