Обсуждение: BUG #5104: tsearch parser mislead

BUG #5104: tsearch parser mislead

От
"Herve LEFEBVRE"
Дата:

Bug reference:      5104
Logged by:          Herve LEFEBVRE
Email address:      herve.lefebvre@bull.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.8
Operating system:   Linux Ubuntu 9.04
Details:

The french opening and closing quotes ( char iso 00AB and 00BB ) are
considered by the parser as alpha chars rather than punctuation chars (and
so as space symbol).

So, for example, the text " «Bonjour!» is indexed as "«Bonjour" rather
than "bonjour"

Re: BUG #5104: tsearch parser mislead

Дата:
"Herve LEFEBVRE" <herve.lefebvre@bull.net> writes:
> The french opening and closing quotes ( char iso 00AB and 00BB ) are
> considered by the parser as alpha chars rather than punctuation chars (and
> so as space symbol).

That would suggest that you're using the wrong locale setting.
You did not say what you're using, though.

Another possibility is that the locale assumes a different encoding
than you're using in the database --- I don't remember if 8.3.x tries
to prevent a mismatch on that.

            regards, tom lane