Обсуждение: BUG #4886: Password Crash

BUG #4886: Password Crash

От
"Justin"
Дата:

Bug reference:      4886
Logged by:          Justin
Email address:      justin.brock@navy.mil
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.7
Operating system:   Windows XP
Details:

The % sign included in the password field crashes createuser.exe and
prevents setup to be completed. Below is the error in the
bitrock_installer.log file. While inserting password for the postgres
account, the Windows debug screen would come up and say create~1.exe has
failed and the next window would say that the service account postgres could
not be created. Installing 8.3.5 allowed me to pass through the error with
both createuser.exe failing and validateuser.exe failing.

Script stderr:

    Executing C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\postgresql_installer\createuser.exe
    Script exit code: SIGABRT

    Script output:
    child killed: SIGABRT

    Error running C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\postgresql_installer\createuser.exe . "postgres"
    "PASSWORD" : child killed: SIGABRT
    Error running C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\postgresql_installer\createuser.exe . "postgres"
    "PASSWORD" : child killed: SIGABRT
    Executing C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
Settings\Temp\postgresql_installer\createuser.exe
    Script exit code: SIGABRT

Re: BUG #4886: Password Crash

От
Dave Page
> The % sign included in the password field crashes createuser.exe and
> prevents setup to be completed. Below is the error in the
> bitrock_installer.log file. While inserting password for the postgres
> account, the Windows debug screen would come up and say create~1.exe has
> failed and the next window would say that the service account postgres co=
uld
> not be created. Installing 8.3.5 allowed me to pass through the error with
> both createuser.exe failing and validateuser.exe failing.

By what seems like an incredible coincidence given the amount of time
this code has been out there, this was also reported yesterday :-).

A fix is being tested as I type - thanks for the report.

--=20
Dave Page