Обсуждение: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

От
""
Дата:

Bug reference:      4458
Logged by:
Email address:      nomail@mailinator.com
PostgreSQL version: firefox 2
Operating system:   freebsd
Details:

A quick note that flash is still proprietary and not
universally available, therefore content posted only as
flash is unavailable to otherwise perfectly viable
platforms. I don't think adobe's unwillingness to change
that should be reason to ditch my preferred platform, so
please put some thought toward publishing content at
least also in truly open formats.

The second note is that I noticed my firefox started
trashing as soon as I opened more than one postgresql.org
tab concurrently, with little to no trouble without them
and 30+ other firefox windows (with each 5+ tabs) open.
It may be that the javascript and css used could use some
complexity reduction and speeding-up.

Re: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

От
Bill Moran
> A quick note that flash is still proprietary and not
> universally available, therefore content posted only as
> flash is unavailable to otherwise perfectly viable
> platforms. I don't think adobe's unwillingness to change
> that should be reason to ditch my preferred platform, so
> please put some thought toward publishing content at
> least also in truly open formats.
>
> The second note is that I noticed my firefox started
> trashing as soon as I opened more than one postgresql.org
> tab concurrently, with little to no trouble without them
> and 30+ other firefox windows (with each 5+ tabs) open.
> It may be that the javascript and css used could use some
> complexity reduction and speeding-up.

Based on the email address, I can only assume that this is spam.

But, just in case someone is worried that there may be some
validity to the complaint:
I use FreeBSD/Firefox 2 and I don't have any trouble
having many, many tabs open and pointing to various parts of
the pg.org site.  I also don't use Flash and don't know what
he's talking about.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.

wmoran@collaborativefusion.com
Phone: 412-422-3463x4023

Re: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
Bill Moran wrote:
>> A quick note that flash is still proprietary and not
>> universally available, therefore content posted only as
>> flash is unavailable to otherwise perfectly viable
>> platforms. I don't think adobe's unwillingness to change
>> that should be reason to ditch my preferred platform, so
>> please put some thought toward publishing content at
>> least also in truly open formats.
>>

> But, just in case someone is worried that there may be some
> validity to the complaint:
> I use FreeBSD/Firefox 2 and I don't have any trouble
> having many, many tabs open and pointing to various parts of
> the pg.org site.  I also don't use Flash and don't know what
> he's talking about.

indeed, I just wandered all over www.postgresql.org with a flashblocker
that would have shown me a big fat "F" on any flash content, and saw
zero, zilch, none.

Re: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

От
"Harald Armin Massa"
Дата:
John,

> indeed, I just wandered all over www.postgresql.org with a flashblocker t=
hat
> would have shown me a big fat "F" on any flash content, and saw zero, zil=
ch,
> none.

close enough not you are looking:

http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1013

Harald

--=20
GHUM Harald Massa
persuadere et programmare
Harald Armin Massa
Spielberger Stra=DFe 49
70435 Stuttgart
0173/9409607
no fx, no carrier pigeon
-
EuroPython 2009 will take place in Birmingham - Stay tuned!

Re: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
Harald Armin Massa wrote:
> John,
>

>> indeed, I just wandered all over www.postgresql.org with a flashblocker that
>> would have shown me a big fat "F" on any flash content, and saw zero, zilch,
>> none.
>>

> close enough not you are looking:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.1013

you got me there.  I'd forgotten about that bit of humor and my random
sampling of news articles missed it.    I should have clarified that
'wandered all over' did involve some pseudo random sampling.

Re: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

От
Ben Kim