Обсуждение: BUG #4176: process

BUG #4176: process

От
"claudio furukawa"
Дата:

Bug reference:      4176
Logged by:          claudio furukawa
Email address:      claudiofrk@bol.com.br
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system:   windows xp sp2
Details:

PostgreSQL is in many process.
There are 6 process equal. Using ~42Mega Ram of memory.
I already called and turned off/on the service and continues with the same
processes.
This is normal?

Re: BUG #4176: process

От
John R Pierce
Дата:
claudio furukawa wrote:
> PostgreSQL is in many process.
> There are 6 process equal. Using ~42Mega Ram of memory.
> I already called and turned off/on the service and continues with the same
> processes.
> This is normal?

yes.    there is the master process, then a writer process, a logger
process, a stats collector, a wal writer, and probably an autovacuum.
Then you get one additional process for each active database connection.

these are all 'copies' or 'forks' of the same code, and the bulk of the
data they use is shared memory, which the windows task manager doesn't
account for.

Re: BUG #4176: process

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
claudio furukawa wrote:

> PostgreSQL is in many process.
> There are 6 process equal. Using ~42Mega Ram of memory.
> I already called and turned off/on the service and continues with the same
> processes.
> This is normal?

Yes, see the FAQ:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#I.27m_seeing_a_lot_of_postgres.exe_processes_even_though_I_only_started_the_server_once