Обсуждение: psql \COPY accepts multiple NULL AS

psql \COPY accepts multiple NULL AS

От
Stephen Frost
Дата:
Greetings,

  psql seems to accept syntax which would be rejected by the server,
  which seems a bit odd:

  sfrost*=3D# \copy billing_data from ../BillingSamplePricerFile.csv
            with csv header quote as '"' null as 'abc' null as '123'
  ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""

  vs.

  sfrost=3D# copy billing_data from stdin=20
           with csv header quote as '"' null as 'abc' null as '123';
  ERROR:  conflicting or redundant options

  Now, honestly, I'd like to see support for multiple 'NULL AS' strings,
  but till that's added it'd probably be best if psql error'd on this
  like the backend does rather than accepting it and then not doing it.

      Thanks!

        Stephen

Re: psql \COPY accepts multiple NULL AS

Дата:

    http://momjian.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/pgpatches_hold

Stephen Frost wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> Greetings,
>
>   psql seems to accept syntax which would be rejected by the server,
>   which seems a bit odd:
>
>   sfrost*=# \copy billing_data from ../BillingSamplePricerFile.csv
>             with csv header quote as '"' null as 'abc' null as '123'
>   ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: ""
>
>   vs.
>
>   sfrost=# copy billing_data from stdin
>            with csv header quote as '"' null as 'abc' null as '123';
>   ERROR:  conflicting or redundant options
>
>   Now, honestly, I'd like to see support for multiple 'NULL AS' strings,
>   but till that's added it'd probably be best if psql error'd on this
>   like the backend does rather than accepting it and then not doing it.
>
>       Thanks!
>
>         Stephen
-- End of PGP section, PGP failed!