Обсуждение: BUG #3291: Query tool not returning all results

BUG #3291: Query tool not returning all results

От
"Todd Frankson"
Дата:

Bug reference:      3291
Logged by:          Todd Frankson
Email address:      tfrankson@medtrials.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system:   Windows 2003 Server
Details:

When selecting From a Text field that has 4096 characters in it, the query
tool only returns a few hundred characters, and exports maybe a hundred more
characters than the result set.

I have already set the options to return 5000 characters in the
Otions-->Query-->max. Characters per column settings.

Re: BUG #3291: Query tool not returning all results

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Todd Frankson wrote:

> When selecting From a Text field that has 4096 characters in it, the query
> tool only returns a few hundred characters, and exports maybe a hundred more
> characters than the result set.

What happen if you do that in psql? Do you receive all data? And what
tool do you use - pgAdmin?

        Zdenek

Re: BUG #3291: Query tool not returning all results

От
Zdenek Kotala
Дата:
Todd Frankson wrote:
> I have not Tried PSQL.
>
> I use PG Admin.
>
> Forgive me as i am not familiar with Postgres as much as other
> databases.
>
> I open the Query tool from PGAdmin
>
> Type Select X from y
> Where Z
>
> I get back only a Portion of a field that is Defined as "text".
> In the PGAdmin, the Max. Return is set to 5000

Try to connent into database by psql command line tool
e.g: psql mydatabase -U myaccount

and perform same command. Check if you get the same result.

    Zdenek