Обсуждение: BUG #2436: cannot --enable-thread-safety on -lpthread host

BUG #2436: cannot --enable-thread-safety on -lpthread host

От
"Paul Forgey"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2436
Logged by:          Paul Forgey
Email address:      paulf@aphrodite.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.3
Operating system:   Debian stable (sarge)
Details:

Linux supplies -lpthread.  The configure script seems to only look for
-lpthreads and then give up.  I'm surprised to not find anything about this
on the mailing list archives.

configure:16421: checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads
configure:16459: gcc -o conftest -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wpointer-arith
-Winline -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing   -D_GNU_SOURCE    conftest.c
-lpth
reads  -lz -lreadline -lcrypt -lresolv -lnsl -ldl -lm  >&5
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:124: warning: `th' might be used uninitialized in this function
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthreads
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:16465: $? = 1

Re: BUG #2436: cannot --enable-thread-safety on -lpthread host

Дата:
"Paul Forgey" <paulf@aphrodite.com> writes:
> Linux supplies -lpthread.  The configure script seems to only look for
> -lpthreads and then give up.

Say again?  I get this configure trace on Fedora 4:

checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mthreads... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with --thread-safe... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mt... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreadGC2... no
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #2436: cannot --enable-thread-safety on -lpthread host

Дата:
Paul Forgey <paulf@aphrodite.com> writes:
> As given in my OS info, this isn't FC4.  The configure script fails
> to enable threading in Debian Sarge.

The point is that the configure script clearly does test for -lpthread,
so whatever problem you're having, you've not described it correctly.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #2436: cannot --enable-thread-safety on -lpthread host

От
Paul Forgey
Дата: