Обсуждение: BUG #2301: xml2 library not running on the Win Pg 8.1

BUG #2301: xml2 library not running on the Win Pg 8.1

От
"Balázs Klein"
Дата:

Bug reference:      2301
Logged by:          Balázs Klein
Email address:      Balazs.Klein@axelero.hu
PostgreSQL version: 8.1
Operating system:   WinXP
Details:

I have raised this issue in the pgsql.general newsgroup, Subject: installing
xml2 for pg 8.1 on winxp, but as I got no answers so far I am submitting
this as a bug.

There might be a problem with a missing extension in the pre-compiled
windows version of Postgres 8.1
It looks as though it's the 'MemoryContextSwitchTo' library which is
present in 8.0 but missing from 8.1.

I was trying to install the xml2 library to Postgres as I found it on
http://www.throwingbeans.org/postgresql_and_xml_updated.html but I had
no luck.

So I contacted Tom Dyson the author of the package and he informed me
that there were others having a similar problem with the 8.1 compile
while the library worked fine in the 8.0.3 version and he suggested that
based on e-mails he got the problem might be the one I mentioned above.

I just offered to report this problem of the build, unfortunately I
can't help much more as this is far too high level for me.

After placing the downloaded dll's to their places, the actual error I get
is:

When I run

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION xml_valid(text) RETURNS bool AS
'libpgxml' LANGUAGE 'c' WITH (isStrict);

I got the error message
ERROR:  could not load library "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/8.1/lib/libpgxml.dll": The specified procedure could
not be found.

Re: BUG #2301: xml2 library not running on the Win Pg 8.1

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Balázs Klein wrote:

> I have raised this issue in the pgsql.general newsgroup, Subject: installing
> xml2 for pg 8.1 on winxp, but as I got no answers so far I am submitting
> this as a bug.

You did get at least one answer as far as I remember.

> There might be a problem with a missing extension in the pre-compiled
> windows version of Postgres 8.1
> It looks as though it's the 'MemoryContextSwitchTo' library which is
> present in 8.0 but missing from 8.1.

Did you recompile pgxml against 8.1, or are you trying to use DLLs that
were compiled against 8.0?  The latter won't work.  You need to either
produce yourself or convince someone else to provide you with a DLL that
was compiled against 8.1.

Re: BUG #2301: xml2 library not running on the Win Pg 8.1

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On 5/3/06 17:38, "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Bal=C3=A1zs Klein wrote:
>=20
>> I have raised this issue in the pgsql.general newsgroup, Subject: instal=
ling
>> xml2 for pg 8.1 on winxp, but as I got no answers so far I am submitting
>> this as a bug.
>=20
> You did get at least one answer as far as I remember.
>=20
>> There might be a problem with a missing extension in the pre-compiled
>> windows version of Postgres 8.1
>> It looks as though it's the 'MemoryContextSwitchTo' library which is
>> present in 8.0 but missing from 8.1.
>=20
> Did you recompile pgxml against 8.1, or are you trying to use DLLs that
> were compiled against 8.0?  The latter won't work.  You need to either
> produce yourself or convince someone else to provide you with a DLL that
> was compiled against 8.1.

xml2 has never been ported to Win32, mainly because it's a non-default
module (ie. Not included in the /contrib makefile) which requires additional
libraries. It's on my list to look at, but I've not got to it yet.

Regards, Dave.

Re: BUG #2301: xml2 library not running on the Win Pg 8.1

Added to TODO:

        o Port contrib/xml2

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

Re: BUG #2301: xml2 library not running on the Win Pg 8.1

От
Klein Balázs
Дата:
Dear Alvaro,
no, I didn't get a reply on pgsql.general - I am not complaining about it
just wanted to pass the info to a place where it might be useful and explain
why I am cross-posting.

I didn't compile anything just downloaded the 8.1 Win binaries from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.1.3/win32/

and the binaries from

www.throwingbeans.org/pg801_windows_xml.zip

they didn't work together, so I posted first to Tom Dyson
thomasdyson@gmail.com and he said the problem is with the pg compile so I
posted here as well in the hope that in a future version they may work
together.

Thanks for your reply.
Balázs