Обсуждение: BUG #1305: can't use the type 'number' with alter table

BUG #1305: can't use the type 'number' with alter table

От
"PostgreSQL Bugs List"
Дата:

Bug reference:      1305
Logged by:          Károly Segesdi

Email address:      jazzkutya@wom.hu

PostgreSQL version: 7.4.5

Operating system:   slackware 10.0

Details:

somedb=# alter table sometbl add column msisdn number(11);
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 43

you can use the type identifier 'decimal' instead:
somedb=# alter table sometbl add column msisdn decimal(11);
ALTER TABLE

The documentation says theese two types are the same, but it's annoying that
you can't use the one that is mentioned more frequently in the docs.

postgresql version is 7.4.6, your bugreport form's version field misses this
version.

Re: BUG #1305: can't use the type 'number' with alter table

От
Stephan Szabo
On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:

> Bug reference:      1305
> Logged by:          K=C3=A1roly Segesdi
>
> Email address:      jazzkutya@wom.hu
>
> PostgreSQL version: 7.4.5
>
> Operating system:   slackware 10.0

> Details:
>
> somedb=3D# alter table sometbl add column msisdn number(11);
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 43
>
> you can use the type identifier 'decimal' instead:
> somedb=3D# alter table sometbl add column msisdn decimal(11);
> ALTER TABLE
>
> The documentation says theese two types are the same, but it's annoying t=
hat
> you can't use the one that is mentioned more frequently in the docs.

I think the issue is that the type is numeric, not number.  Where did you
see it refered to as number in the docs so we can fix it.

Re: BUG #1305: can't use the type 'number' with alter table

От
Segesdi Károly
Дата:
Stephan Szabo wrote:

>On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, PostgreSQL Bugs List wrote:
>

>>somedb=# alter table sometbl add column msisdn number(11);
>>ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 43
>>
>>you can use the type identifier 'decimal' instead:
>>somedb=# alter table sometbl add column msisdn decimal(11);
>>ALTER TABLE
>>
>>The documentation says theese two types are the same, but it's annoying that
>>you can't use the one that is mentioned more frequently in the docs.
>>

>I think the issue is that the type is numeric, not number.  Where did you
>see it refered to as number in the docs so we can fix it.

I'm sorry. It was my fault.