Обсуждение: PostgreSQL & Red Hat AS 2.1

PostgreSQL & Red Hat AS 2.1

От
"John Muzzatti"
Дата:
Hello,

I've downloaded and installed PostgreSQL 7.4 onto a Red Hat Linux Advanced =
Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola) server.
The uname -a command produces:

Linux --.---.com 2.4.9-e.3smp #1 SMP Fri May 3 16:48:54 EDT 2002 i686 unkno=
wn

I created a database and expected to see 7.4 when I query the version; inst=
ead it seems that the version is 7.1.3.
The Supported Platforms matrix in the PostgreSQL Installation Instructions =
bundled with 7.4 download has this mapping:

Linux    x86     7.4

Is this right?

Thanks in advance,
John Muzzatti

(510) 817-3962

Re: PostgreSQL & Red Hat AS 2.1

Дата:
"John Muzzatti" <JMuzzatti@kaptechwest.com> writes:
> I've downloaded and installed PostgreSQL 7.4 onto a Red Hat Linux Advanced Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola) server.
> I created a database and expected to see 7.4 when I query the version; instead it seems that the version is 7.1.3.

The old postmaster is still running, evidently.  I'd say you missed a
few steps of installation.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PostgreSQL & Red Hat AS 2.1

От
Neil Conway
Дата:
On 18-Mar-04, at 9:47 PM, John Muzzatti wrote:
> I've downloaded and installed PostgreSQL 7.4 onto a Red Hat Linux
> Advanced Server release 2.1AS (Pensacola) server.
[ ... ]
> I created a database and expected to see 7.4 when I query the version;
> instead it seems that the version is 7.1.3.

You have evidently not installed PostgreSQL correctly -- I don't see
any evidence of a bug here.

> The Supported Platforms matrix in the PostgreSQL Installation
> Instructions bundled with 7.4 download has this mapping:
>
> Linux    x86     7.4

Linux/x86 is certainly supported by all recent releases of PostgreSQL
-- that is probably our most popular platform.

-Neil

Re: PostgreSQL & Red Hat AS 2.1

От
Theodore Petrosky
Дата:
Sounds like your original installation of RH had an
installation of postgres in a different location. so
now you have two and the other one is the one you are
seeing when you start up.

Ted