Обсуждение: my postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows

my postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows

От
dedy setiawan
Дата:
hello,...
I'm using postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows, and i use
them in my project with delphi and i use DBexpress for
connecting to then Postgres, but in other case my
postgres runs very slowly ,I compare it with mySQL is
faster than mine, By the way my computer spesification

is : Intel PIII 600B , 256 MB RAM
could you help me, is there any other procedure in the
installation to make my Postgres runs fast(maybe my
installation is standart);

Thank You

dedy styawan
 Indonesia

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: my postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Wednesday 22 October 2003 05:07, dedy setiawan wrote:
> hello,...
> I'm using postgreSQL 7.4 beta for windows, and i use
> them in my project with delphi and i use DBexpress for
> connecting to then Postgres, but in other case my
> postgres runs very slowly

Could you subscribe to the performance list instead of this one? That's the
best place for these sorts of questions.

Two points:
1. PG on Windows on Cygwin is almost certainly slower than on *nix.
2. People are going to want to know what tuning you've done in the
postgresql.conf file and what type of load you're testing it with.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd