Обсуждение: initdb core dump

initdb core dump

От
"Jason Wehmhoener"
Дата:
Hello,

I am attempting to install PostgreSQL 7.3.1 for the first time on a Redhat
7.1 Linux box.

I'm getting a core dump when I do the following.  Any suggestions for things
I should be checking, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Jason

[postgres@spiraltribe postgresql-7.3.1]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb -D
/usr/local/pgsql/data/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.
This locale setting will prevent the use of indexes for pattern matching
operations.  If that is a concern, rerun initdb with the collation order set
to "C". For more information see the Administrator's Guide.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data/... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/data//pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data//base/1...
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: line 582:  4373 Aborted                  (core
dumped) "$PGPATH"/postgres -boot -x1 $PGSQL_OPT $BACKEND_TALK_ARG template1

initdb failed.
[postgres@spiraltribe postgresql-7.3.1]$

Re: initdb core dump

Дата:
"Jason Wehmhoener" <jason@spiraltribe.com> writes:
> I am attempting to install PostgreSQL 7.3.1 for the first time on a Redhat
> 7.1 Linux box.
> I'm getting a core dump when I do the following.

More context, please.  Is this an RPM install (whose RPM?) or did you
build from source (if so, with what configure switches)?

It would be useful to run initdb with -n switch (so it doesn't remove
the core file) and then get a stack trace from the coredump with gdb.

            regards, tom lane