Обсуждение: Bug #512: outer join bug

Bug #512: outer join bug

От
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Дата:
Hee-Sun, Choi (hurricane_blue@hanmail.net) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
outer join bug

Long Description
Hello!

i met a bug when i was using outer join..

see example code..

Sample Code
select * from
(select .. from .. where .. ) aa
left outer join
(select .. from .. where code='abc') bb on aa.id=bb.id
                        -----------

we will meet error if we will try to compare character in where-clause

No file was uploaded with this report

Re: Bug #512: outer join bug

От
Stephan Szabo
Дата:
On Fri, 9 Nov 2001 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> Hee-Sun, Choi (hurricane_blue@hanmail.net) reports a bug with a severity of 2
>
> Short Description
> outer join bug
>
> Long Description
> Hello!
>
> i met a bug when i was using outer join..
>
> see example code..
>
> Sample Code
> select * from
> (select .. from .. where .. ) aa
> left outer join
> (select .. from .. where code='abc') bb on aa.id=bb.id
>                         -----------
>
> we will meet error if we will try to compare character in where-clause

You're going to need to give a complete bug report with schema and
actual query and what version you're running.  I couldn't replicate
what I think you were trying on 7.2b1, but I'm not sure if I'm trying
the same case.

Re: Bug #512: outer join bug

Дата:
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> i met a bug when i was using outer join..

> see example code..

> Sample Code
> select * from
> (select .. from .. where .. ) aa
> left outer join
> (select .. from .. where code='abc') bb on aa.id=bb.id

This bug report is completely useless, because we can't tell exactly
what you actually did, nor what you think is wrong.  Please review
the bug submission suggestions at
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/bug-reporting.html

            regards, tom lane