Обсуждение: memory leak while using vaccum

memory leak while using vaccum

От
Achim Krümmel
Дата:
I am running a PostgreSQL 7.1.3 on a Intel Pentium III
My operating system is SuSE Linux 7.1 with Kernel 2.4.4 (ELF)
I compiled postgresql with gcc 2.95.2
My problem:
when using "vacuum analyze <tablename>" on very large tables (I have one
with about 30GB) the memory usage increases continues until no memory is
left and the kernel stops this process.

I suppose this problem is easy to reproduce. Just create a table, fill
very much data into it, create an index and run vacuum anayze <table>
I hope you will find a solution :-)

greetings,  Achim Kruemmel

Re: memory leak while using vaccum

Дата:
Achim Krümmel <akruemmel@dohle.com> writes:
> I suppose this problem is easy to reproduce.

No, it isn't.  At the very least, we need the full schema for the
table causing this.
        regards, tom lane