Обсуждение: perl 5.6.0 almost working!

perl 5.6.0 almost working!

От
"John M. Flinchbaugh"
Дата:

Re: perl 5.6.0 almost working!

Дата:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> it seems in src/interfaces/Makefile, the perl5/Makefile rule gets the
> POLLUTE=1 option as necessary, which makes it work for make all, but
> doing a ``make install'' uses the perl5-install, which does not build the
> perl5/Makefile with POLLUTE=1.

Well, that is interesting.  I am quite confused how Makefile can get
generated without the parameter.  Can you suggest a patch?

Re: perl 5.6.0 almost working!

Дата:
>> it seems in src/interfaces/Makefile, the perl5/Makefile rule gets the
>> POLLUTE=1 option as necessary, which makes it work for make all, but
>> doing a ``make install'' uses the perl5-install, which does not build the
>> perl5/Makefile with POLLUTE=1.

Oops...

> Well, that is interesting.  I am quite confused how Makefile can get
> generated without the parameter.  Can you suggest a patch?

I believe he meant that line 54 needs to have POLLUTE=1 too ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: perl 5.6.0 almost working!

Дата:
> >> it seems in src/interfaces/Makefile, the perl5/Makefile rule gets the
> >> POLLUTE=1 option as necessary, which makes it work for make all, but
> >> doing a ``make install'' uses the perl5-install, which does not build the
> >> perl5/Makefile with POLLUTE=1.
>
> Oops...
>
> > Well, that is interesting.  I am quite confused how Makefile can get
> > generated without the parameter.  Can you suggest a patch?
>
> I believe he meant that line 54 needs to have POLLUTE=1 too ...

Got it.  Done.  I was confused between plperl and interfaces/perl.  I
assume plperl still does not work, right?

Re: perl 5.6.0 almost working!

Дата:
> Got it.  Done.  I was confused between plperl and interfaces/perl.  I
> assume plperl still does not work, right?

Not for me ... but then I'm working on this tool-of-the-devil
HPUX OS ;-) ;-)

Has anyone else tried to use plperl?  Either success or failure
reports would be useful at this point.

            regards, tom lane

Re: perl 5.6.0 almost working!

От