Обсуждение: ...

The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...

Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: your mail

От
"J. Michael Roberts"
Дата:
You people are harsh *and* devious.

(Yes, I've now voted.  Solaris is kind of like Linux.  At least I use a
lot of GNUware.) It's now 28 to 35 out of 93 votes.

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
> http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
> out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...
>
> Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
> to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)
>

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Re:

От
Don Baccus
Дата:
At 12:51 PM 8/2/99 -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

>LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
>http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
>out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...

There are now 119 votes, and PostgreSQL is in first place!

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <dhogaza@pacifier.com>
  Nature photos, on-line guides, and other goodies at
  http://donb.photo.net

Re: your mail

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, J. Michael Roberts wrote:

> You people are harsh *and* devious.
>
> (Yes, I've now voted.  Solaris is kind of like Linux.  At least I use a
> lot of GNUware.) It's now 28 to 35 out of 93 votes.

66 to 37 last I checked...and why devious? :)

> On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> > LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
> > http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
> > out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...
> >
> > Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
> > to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)
> >

> > Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> > Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> > primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: your mail

От
"Brett W. McCoy"
Дата:
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
> http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
> out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...
>
> Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
> to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)

It's shot way up now.  We're up to 122 votes and in first place!

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Re: your mail

От
Diana Eichert
Дата:
hi

    i'm not a Linux user, but an OpenBSD user.  recently Louis
Bertrand posted some requests for assistance in getting ODBC support to
work on the postgres port to openbsd.  i didn't see many responses to his
requests, though I saw lots of discussions re: Linux problems.

    I'd like to use PostgreSQL, but it doesn't seem like there is
much interest from this community in assisting an OpenBSD developer.
I'll change databases before I change OS's.

    Sorry if this sounds like sour grapes, just call 'em like I see them

Diana Eichert
Network Systems Analyst
Sandia National Laboratories

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
> http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
> out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...
>
> Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
> to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)
>

> Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Diana Eichert
deichert@wrench.com

Re: your mail

От
The Hermit Hacker
Дата:
133 and climbing...65% of the votes so far :)

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Brett W. McCoy wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> > LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
> > http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
> > out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...
> >
> > Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
> > to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)
>
> It's shot way up now.  We're up to 122 votes and in first place!
>
> Brett W. McCoy
>                                          http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
> Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Systems Administrator @ hub.org

Re: your mail

От
Peter Mount
Дата:
On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
> http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
> out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...
>
> Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
> to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)

Well, I've just voted, and now were 1st with 64.8% (to mysql's 22.2). I
think your plea for votes worked :-)

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Re: your mail

От
"Alex P. Rudnev"
Дата:
Nothing strange - MySQL is the best free (and not only free) tool for the
fast search engines (when you do not need the full SQL), and PSQL is the
only stable free full (almost full) SQL DBA.

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, J. Michael Roberts wrote:

> Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:12:16 -0500 (EST)
> From: J. Michael Roberts <mirobert@cs.indiana.edu>
> To: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
> Cc: pgsql-announce@postgreSQL.org
> Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Re: your mail
>
> You people are harsh *and* devious.
>
> (Yes, I've now voted.  Solaris is kind of like Linux.  At least I use a
> lot of GNUware.) It's now 28 to 35 out of 93 votes.
>
> On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> > LinuxDev.Net is currently conducting a poll of "The Most Popular DBMS", at
> > http://linuxdev.net.  Currently, PostgreSQL ia in second place, with 21
> > out of 84 votes, while MySQL is in first with 33...
> >
> > Even if you aren't using Linux, take a minute and make your vote...we like
> > to see PostgreSQL on top, no? :)
> >

> > Marc G. Fournier                   ICQ#7615664               IRC Nick: Scrappy
> > Systems Administrator @ hub.org
> > primary: scrappy@hub.org           secondary: scrappy@{freebsd|postgresql}.org

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)