Обсуждение: Does anyone have a "What is PostgreSQL Flyer" I haven't seen?

Does anyone have a "What is PostgreSQL Flyer" I haven't seen?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
We need a simple, 1-page color flyer with "What is PostgreSQL".  I'll go
ahead and design one, but I'd like to mine others for content.

Are there ones I haven't seen, which haven't been uploaded to pgFoundry
or elsewhere?

Topics it should cover are:

What is PostgreSQL?
What is the PostgreSQL Project?
Main Reasons to use PostgreSQL
Where to get it

--Josh Berkus

Re: Does anyone have a "What is PostgreSQL Flyer" I haven't seen?

Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> We need a simple, 1-page color flyer with "What is PostgreSQL".  I'll go
> ahead and design one, but I'd like to mine others for content.
>
> Are there ones I haven't seen, which haven't been uploaded to pgFoundry
> or elsewhere?
>
> Topics it should cover are:
>
> What is PostgreSQL?
> What is the PostgreSQL Project?
> Main Reasons to use PostgreSQL
> Where to get it

What about the Fujitsu one?

Re: Does anyone have a "What is PostgreSQL Flyer" I haven't seen?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Bruce,

> What about the Fujitsu one?

That's a 4-page flyer aimed primarily at management.  I'd like to do a
1-pager aimed at developers.

--Josh

Re: Does anyone have a "What is PostgreSQL Flyer" I haven't seen?

От
damien clochard
Дата:
Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Bruce,
>
>> What about the Fujitsu one?
>
> That's a 4-page flyer aimed primarily at management.  I'd like to do a
> 1-pager aimed at developers.
>
> --Josh

Hi

I'm year ago, i did a poster for PGFR's booth and we translated that
poster in English. It's aimed at developers and tries to gives the "10
reasons to choose PostgreSQL". The content is very short, some might say
it's simplistic but maybe it's good start for a 1-page flyer.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/7/7a/Reasons.497x702.png

Hope this helps,

damien clochard

Re: Does anyone have a "What is PostgreSQL Flyer" I haven't seen?

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Damien,

> I'm year ago, i did a poster for PGFR's booth and we translated that
> poster in English. It's aimed at developers and tries to gives the "10
> reasons to choose PostgreSQL". The content is very short, some might say
> it's simplistic but maybe it's good start for a 1-page flyer.
>
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/7/7a/Reasons.497x702.png

Wow, cool!  Do you have source on this?  I'd like to "Americanize" some
of the English and use it.

--Josh

Re: Does anyone have a "What is PostgreSQL Flyer" I haven't seen?

От
damien clochard
Дата:
Josh Berkus a écrit :
> Damien,
>
>> I'm year ago, i did a poster for PGFR's booth and we translated that
>> poster in English. It's aimed at developers and tries to gives the "10
>> reasons to choose PostgreSQL". The content is very short, some might say
>> it's simplistic but maybe it's good start for a 1-page flyer.
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/7/7a/Reasons.497x702.png
>
> Wow, cool!  Do you have source on this?  I'd like to "Americanize" some
> of the English and use it.
>
> --Josh

Sure

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Image:10Reasons.svg

It's been created with Inkscape and should be very easy to modify.

I'm trying to gather PostgreSQL related posters on the
wiki :

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Posters

If any of you has done some similar work or knows where to find posters
like this, don't hesitate to send me the files or edit the wiki page :-)

damien