Обсуждение: Moodle

Moodle

От
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Дата:
Hi guys,

Thought you might be interested to see a very successful
Australian-based open source project that supports PostgreSQL.

http://moodle.org/

Moodle is sort of like a CMS for school curriculums, etc.  I had a
chance to chat to the creator (who lives in Perth) the other day.
Turns out they control a _majority_ of the market share for this kind
of thing world-wide, outdoing pro stuff like WebCT.

Cheers,

Chris

Re: Moodle

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
KL,

> Moodle is sort of like a CMS for school curriculums, etc.  I had a
> chance to chat to the creator (who lives in Perth) the other day.
> Turns out they control a _majority_ of the market share for this kind
> of thing world-wide, outdoing pro stuff like WebCT.

Way cool.  Please let the creator know that at least some of the
PostgreSQL PR network is at his disposal if he wants to attract press to
his project.

--Josh Berkus

Re: Moodle

От
Michael Dean
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> KL,
>
>> Moodle is sort of like a CMS for school curriculums, etc.  I had a
>> chance to chat to the creator (who lives in Perth) the other day.
>> Turns out they control a _majority_ of the market share for this kind
>> of thing world-wide, outdoing pro stuff like WebCT.
>
> Way cool.  Please let the creator know that at least some of the
> PostgreSQL PR network is at his disposal if he wants to attract press
> to his project.
>
> --Josh Berkus

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Guys:
Now wouldn't it be nice if someone would convert LAMS to postgresql from
mysql, so that the "INTEGRATED" LAMS/moodle model would only need a
single database type to function!!  Michael

Re: Moodle

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
Michael Dean wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
>> KL,
>>
>>> Moodle is sort of like a CMS for school curriculums, etc.  I had a
>>> chance to chat to the creator (who lives in Perth) the other day.
>>> Turns out they control a _majority_ of the market share for this kind
>>> of thing world-wide, outdoing pro stuff like WebCT.
>>
>> Way cool.  Please let the creator know that at least some of the
>> PostgreSQL PR network is at his disposal if he wants to attract press
>> to his project.
>>
>> --Josh Berkus

> Guys:
> Now wouldn't it be nice if someone would convert LAMS to postgresql from
> mysql, so that the "INTEGRATED" LAMS/moodle model would only need a
> single database type to function!!  Michael

What is LAMS?

Joshua D. Drake

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

             http://www.commandprompt.com/