Обсуждение: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL Anniversary

Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL Anniversary

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

We're thinking of throwing a little conference next July.    However, we
need to know *this week*, an estimate of how many people would come to the
conference.

So, please fill out the survey at:
http://thepostgresqlfoundation.org/survey/
... as soon as you can.  Thanks!

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL Anniversary

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> So, please fill out the survey at:
> http://thepostgresqlfoundation.org/survey/
> ... as soon as you can.  Thanks!

What's with the domain-for-each-purpose thing?  We could have subdomains
instead, say foundation.postgresql.org and planet.postgresql.org.  I
guess I don't understand if there is a reason not to do it that way.  It
seems much more coherent to me.

What's more, it surprises me that http://foundation.postgresql.org
points to the old advocacy site ...

Re: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL Anniversary

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 29 November 2005 21:30, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > So, please fill out the survey at:
> > http://thepostgresqlfoundation.org/survey/
> > ... as soon as you can.  Thanks!
>
> What's with the domain-for-each-purpose thing?  We could have subdomains
> instead, say foundation.postgresql.org and planet.postgresql.org.  I
> guess I don't understand if there is a reason not to do it that way.  It
> seems much more coherent to me.

The original reason behind this site having a seperate domain was due
primarily to a legal focus.  However it used to be that
foundation.postgresql.org used to point to it.

> What's more, it surprises me that http://foundation.postgresql.org
> points to the old advocacy site ...

This is probably due to some changes to the apache configs that have been made
lately?  It should really be fixed.

--
Robert Treat

Re: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Alvaro,

> What's with the domain-for-each-purpose thing?  We could have subdomains
> instead, say foundation.postgresql.org and planet.postgresql.org.  I
> guess I don't understand if there is a reason not to do it that way.  It
> seems much more coherent to me.

It's a temporary site, so the domain doesn't really matter.

--Josh

Re: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Alvaro,
>
> >What's with the domain-for-each-purpose thing?  We could have subdomains
> >instead, say foundation.postgresql.org and planet.postgresql.org.  I
> >guess I don't understand if there is a reason not to do it that way.  It
> >seems much more coherent to me.
>
> It's a temporary site, so the domain doesn't really matter.

Ah, ok -- I thought I had missed the announcement of the PostgreSQL
Foundation but I guess not :-)

Re: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL Anniversary

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"
Дата:

Re: Please let us know if you will come to the PostgreSQL Anniversary

От
Andrew Sullivan
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 03:45:53AM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> Was this posted on general? I would think you'd get a better response
> over there (and/or hackers) than here on advocacy.

I don't think it was, although I think Josh said he wanted to send it
to -hackers and PWN as well.

Josh?

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland