Обсуждение: Release dateline :-(

Release dateline :-(

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Folks,

Unfortunately, it seems Businesswire and Reuters haven't caught on to the
idea of stateless internet entities yet.

So, we *will* have to put a city on the release.

I can see a couple of possibilities:
New York, NY -- like last year, this is the dateline for news that doesn't
really have a location, and will probably get stripped out.

Sydney, Australia or:
Tokyo, Japan -- the 8.1 release, as promised, will go out first on
Australia/Japan time.  So it might be appropriate to use one of those.

Philadelphia, PA or San Francisco, CA -- the locations of the two primary
US press contacts.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions
San Francisco

Re: Release dateline :-(

От
"Marc G. Fournier"
Дата:
On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Unfortunately, it seems Businesswire and Reuters haven't caught on to the
> idea of stateless internet entities yet.
>
> So, we *will* have to put a city on the release.
>
> I can see a couple of possibilities:
> New York, NY -- like last year, this is the dateline for news that doesn't
> really have a location, and will probably get stripped out.
>
> Sydney, Australia or:
> Tokyo, Japan -- the 8.1 release, as promised, will go out first on
> Australia/Japan time.  So it might be appropriate to use one of those.

I think that Tokyo, Japan would be a cool tag line ...

----

Re: Release dateline :-(

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Monday 19 September 2005 16:20, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > Unfortunately, it seems Businesswire and Reuters haven't caught on to the
> > idea of stateless internet entities yet.
> >
> > So, we *will* have to put a city on the release.
> >
> > I can see a couple of possibilities:
> > New York, NY -- like last year, this is the dateline for news that
> > doesn't really have a location, and will probably get stripped out.
> >
> > Sydney, Australia or:
> > Tokyo, Japan -- the 8.1 release, as promised, will go out first on
> > Australia/Japan time.  So it might be appropriate to use one of those.
>
> I think that Tokyo, Japan would be a cool tag line ...

Tokyo? that's been done to death... lets go with Gainesville, Florida.
:-)

--
Robert Treat

Re: Release dateline :-(

От
"Welty, Richard"

Robert Treat writes:

>Tokyo? that's been done to death... lets go with Gainesville, Florida.

more options:

Waldo, Florida
Clums Corners, New York
Podunk, Iowa               (classic, but actually exists)
Picayune, Mississippi      (my cousin grady was once mayor of picayune)

Re: Release dateline :-(

От
Brian Kilpatrick
Дата:
what bout http://www.elephantbuttecoc.com/

Elephant Butte NM? :)

On Sep 19, 2005, at 5:35 PM, Welty, Richard wrote:

> Robert Treat writes:
>
>> Tokyo? that's been done to death... lets go with Gainesville,
>> Florida.
>
> more options:
>
> Waldo, Florida
> Clums Corners, New York
> Podunk, Iowa               (classic, but actually exists)
> Picayune, Mississippi      (my cousin grady was once mayor of
> picayune)
>
> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------

Re: Release dateline :-(

Дата:
You are missing the obvious:

    New Orleans, LA

Brian Kilpatrick wrote:
> what bout http://www.elephantbuttecoc.com/
>
> Elephant Butte NM? :)
>

> On Sep 19, 2005, at 5:35 PM, Welty, Richard wrote:
>

> > Robert Treat writes:
> >
> >> Tokyo? that's been done to death... lets go with Gainesville,
> >> Florida.
> >
> > more options:
> >
> > Waldo, Florida
> > Clums Corners, New York
> > Podunk, Iowa               (classic, but actually exists)
> > Picayune, Mississippi      (my cousin grady was once mayor of
> > picayune)

> > TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

Re: Release dateline :-(

От
"Greg Sabino Mullane"