Обсуждение: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
donghe@caltech.edu
Дата:
Hi gurus!

my PHP scripts don't call upon the postgres database from within HTML
files served to web browsers by Apache, but PHP scritps itself can access
to database. I guess some configuration between PHP and Apache is wrong.
Do anybody have any idea?
Thanks!

Dong He

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 6:54 PM, <donghe@caltech.edu> wrote:
> Hi gurus!
>
> my PHP scripts don't call upon the postgres database from within HTML
> files served to web browsers by Apache, but PHP scritps itself can access
> to database. I guess some configuration between PHP and Apache is wrong.
> Do anybody have any idea?
> Thanks!

Yeah, you're looking for pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf.

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
donghe@caltech.edu
Дата:
Yes, I did configured these two files, so, PHP can talk with postgres, but
Apache-owned PHP can not.

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 6:54 PM, <donghe@caltech.edu> wrote:
>> Hi gurus!
>>
>> my PHP scripts don't call upon the postgres database from within HTML
>> files served to web browsers by Apache, but PHP scritps itself can
>> access
>> to database. I guess some configuration between PHP and Apache is wrong.
>> Do anybody have any idea?
>> Thanks!
>
> Yeah, you're looking for pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf.

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Дата:
Some linux distros (debian, for example) have two php.ini files, one for php scripts and a second one for Apache2 config.
Perhaps you have lost one of these files...

I assume you have installed mod-php for Apache.

my PHP scripts don't call upon the postgres database from within HTML
files served to web browsers by Apache, but PHP scritps itself can access
to database. I guess some configuration between PHP and Apache is wrong.
Do anybody have any idea?
Thanks!

Dong He

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
donghe@caltech.edu
Дата:
the error message in Apache error-log is " PHP Warning:  pg_connect() [<a
href='function.pg-connect'>function.pg-connect</a>]: Unable to connect to
PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Permission denied\n\tIs
the server running on host "localhost" and accepting\n\tTCP/IP
connections on port 5432? "

> It will be good to know what the error messages are, so we can go from
> there
>

>> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 17:54:43 -0700
>> Subject: [ADMIN] PHP cann't access to postgres databse
>> From: donghe@caltech.edu
>> To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>>
>> Hi gurus!
>>
>> my PHP scripts don't call upon the postgres database from within HTML
>> files served to web browsers by Apache, but PHP scritps itself can
>> access
>> to database. I guess some configuration between PHP and Apache is wrong.
>> Do anybody have any idea?
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Dong He
>>

>> --

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
<donghe@caltech.edu> wrote:

> Is the server running on host "localhost"
> and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

Is it?

Depending on your platform, you can check which ports are accepting
connections with something like:

netstat -plnt

If you don't see your port open there, listening on all addresses or
on the localhost IP, you probably need to modify your postgresql.conf
file to set listen_addresses or port as you need them.  (You will need
to restart PostgreSQL.)

If the postgresql.conf file is good, you must have something
misconfigured in the networking on that box.  You could run:

ping localhost

to see what that gives you.

-Kevin

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
Andy Shellam
Дата:
Because the error is "Permission denied", I'm guessing it's permissions
on the /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 socket that will need checking?

The OP's PHP script when run standalone is probably running as root.

donghe@caltech.edu wrote:
> the error message in Apache error-log is " PHP Warning:  pg_connect() [<a
> href='function.pg-connect'>function.pg-connect</a>]: Unable to connect to
> PostgreSQL server: could not connect to server: Permission denied\n\tIs
> the server running on host "localhost" and accepting\n\tTCP/IP
> connections on port 5432? "

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Andy Shellam <andy-lists@networkmail.eu> wrote:

> donghe@caltech.edu wrote:
>> Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
>> could not connect to server: Permission denied
>>   Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>>   TCP/IP connections on port 5432? "

> Because the error is "Permission denied", I'm guessing it's
> permissions on the /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 socket that will need
> checking?

If it was trying to get that sort of connection, rather than TCP/IP,
the message would be different.  Something like:

# could not connect to server: No such file or directory
#   Is the server running locally and accepting
#   connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

You do have a point on the "Permission denied", though.  If the
problem was where I was suggesting, it would probably say "Connection
refused".  Perhaps some OS security restriction is in play here.

-Kevin

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
donghe@caltech.edu
Дата:
the default port 5432 is associated with postgres and localhost is connected

# netstat -plunta | grep 5432
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5432              0.0.0.0:*
 LISTEN      3962/postgres
tcp        0      0 ::1:5432                    :::*
 LISTEN      3962/postgres

# ping localhost
PING localhost (127.0.0.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.037 ms
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.018 ms
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.020 ms
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.017 ms
64 bytes from localhost (127.0.0.1): icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=0.017 ms

Dong

> <donghe@caltech.edu> wrote:
>
>> Is the server running on host "localhost"
>> and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
>
> Is it?
>
> Depending on your platform, you can check which ports are accepting
> connections with something like:
>
> netstat -plnt
>
> If you don't see your port open there, listening on all addresses or
> on the localhost IP, you probably need to modify your postgresql.conf
> file to set listen_addresses or port as you need them.  (You will need
> to restart PostgreSQL.)
>
> If the postgresql.conf file is good, you must have something
> misconfigured in the networking on that box.  You could run:
>
> ping localhost
>
> to see what that gives you.
>
> -Kevin

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
Carol Walter
Дата:
I think that permissions on the parent directories can result in this
error.
Carol
On Jun 26, 2009, at 1:07 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> Andy Shellam <andy-lists@networkmail.eu> wrote:
>
>> donghe@caltech.edu wrote:
>>> Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server:
>>> could not connect to server: Permission denied
>>>  Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
>>>  TCP/IP connections on port 5432? "
>
>> Because the error is "Permission denied", I'm guessing it's
>> permissions on the /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 socket that will need
>> checking?
>
> If it was trying to get that sort of connection, rather than TCP/IP,
> the message would be different.  Something like:
>
> # could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> #   Is the server running locally and accepting
> #   connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>
> You do have a point on the "Permission denied", though.  If the
> problem was where I was suggesting, it would probably say "Connection
> refused".  Perhaps some OS security restriction is in play here.
>
> -Kevin

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
Andy Shellam
Дата:
> If it was trying to get that sort of connection, rather than TCP/IP,
> the message would be different.  Something like:
>
> # could not connect to server: No such file or directory
> #   Is the server running locally and accepting
> #   connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Ah yeah, good point.

> You do have a point on the "Permission denied", though.  If the
> problem was where I was suggesting, it would probably say "Connection
> refused".  Perhaps some OS security restriction is in play here.

SELinux?  I've never used it personally but have heard it can throw some
errors you don't normally expect.

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
donghe@caltech.edu
Дата:
i use fedora 11

>> If it was trying to get that sort of connection, rather than TCP/IP,
>> the message would be different.  Something like:
>>
>> # could not connect to server: No such file or directory
>> #   Is the server running locally and accepting
>> #   connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
>>

> Ah yeah, good point.
>>
>> You do have a point on the "Permission denied", though.  If the
>> problem was where I was suggesting, it would probably say "Connection
>> refused".  Perhaps some OS security restriction is in play here.
>>

> SELinux?  I've never used it personally but have heard it can throw some
> errors you don't normally expect.

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
What does your connect string for each look like (with passwords bleeped out)?

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
donghe@caltech.edu
Дата:
I can run this php script from commandline and psql remote access works

> What does your connect string for each look like (with passwords bleeped
> out)?

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
Way not to answer the question.

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 12:18 PM, <donghe@caltech.edu> wrote:
> I can run this php script from commandline and psql remote access works
>
>> What does your connect string for each look like (with passwords bleeped
>> out)?
>>
>> --

When fascism comes to America, it will be intolerance sold as diversity.

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

Дата:
donghe@caltech.edu writes:
>>> You do have a point on the "Permission denied", though.  If the
>>> problem was where I was suggesting, it would probably say "Connection
>>> refused".  Perhaps some OS security restriction is in play here.

>> SELinux?  I've never used it personally but have heard it can throw some
>> errors you don't normally expect.

> i use fedora 11

Then it's SELinux.  If it works after "setenforce permissive", it's
definitely selinux.  File a bug against selinux-policy.

            regards, tom lane

Re: PHP cann't access to postgres databse

От
donghe@caltech.edu
Дата:
Yes, the issue is from SELinux. thank everybody for help