Обсуждение: Starting without WAL files

Starting without WAL files

От
Nathan Mueller
Дата:
I had a hardware error on my server and lost the WAL files.  I can
restore my data, but because of the size of the database that'll take at
least 12 hours.  Is there any way to start the server without the
transaction logs?

    --Nate

Re: Starting without WAL files

Дата:
Nathan Mueller wrote:
> I had a hardware error on my server and lost the WAL files.  I can
> restore my data, but because of the size of the database that'll take at
> least 12 hours.  Is there any way to start the server without the
> transaction logs?

Not sure.  Does /contrib/pg_resetxlog help?  Try running it.

Re: Starting without WAL files

Дата:
Nathan Mueller wrote:
> I had a hardware error on my server and lost the WAL files.  I can
> restore my data, but because of the size of the database that'll take at
> least 12 hours.  Is there any way to start the server without the
> transaction logs?

However, once you use /contrib/pg_resetxlog, you will need to dump your
data, initdb and reload, so a restore from a backup may be more reliable.

Re: Starting without WAL files

От
Nathan Mueller
Дата:
> Not sure.  Does /contrib/pg_resetxlog help?  Try running it.

That would have helped quite a bit.  It's too late now, but it's
something I'll remember for next time.  Thanks.

    --Nate