Обсуждение: Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

От
"Christian H. Bruhn"
Дата:
Hi!

I just installed Postgres 9.2.4 from [1] with the pgAdmin on Windows 7
Prof. 64 Bit. I also installed Postgis 2.0.3-2. I've tried the
installation with the stackbuilder and also the separate download.

Now I have the problem that some data is missing, when displayed in
pgAdmin. The geometry-column for a lot of entries are empty, although
there are data.

To test:
psql -d postgres -U postgres -c "create database test;"
psql -d test -U postgres -c "create extension postgis;"
psql -d test -U postgres -c "CREATE TABLE plz (geom geometry(Geometry,4326), plz bigint NOT NULL, CONSTRAINT pk_plz
PRIMARYKEY (plz));"

psql -d test -U postgres -c "CREATE INDEX idx_plz_geom ON plz USING gist(geom);"

Save the data from http://pastebin.com/YTE94ni0 as plz.csv and change
your path in the following line
psql -d test -U postgres -c "COPY plz FROM 'c:\osm\plz.csv' DELIMITER ',' CSV;"

The data contains 18 lines, 16 have a valid geometry, 2 have none.

When you display the table with pgAdmin, only 6 geometries are shown.
For the rest you cannot say if there is no geometry or is it only not
displayed.

If you query
SELECT COUNT (geom) FROM plz;
you will get the correct result: 16.

Exporting via the psql-commandline or using phppgadmin all geometries
are shown. So it must be an error in pgAdmin.

On Ubuntu 12.10 the same test-scenario works fine.

Christian

[1] http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#windows

Re: Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

От
Dinesh Kumar
Дата:

[...]

I have just done a quick test case with the given steps, but i am not able to reproduce the case in Cent OS6.0. In CentOS 6, i am getting all the 16 non null grid values and 2 null values. Would you mind to share the query/steps what you have performed in pgAdmin.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

Re: Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

От
"Christian H. Bruhn"
Дата:
am Mittwoch, 7. August 2013 um 09:59 schrieb Dinesh Kumar:

> I have just done a quick test case with the given steps, but i am not able
> to reproduce the case in Cent OS6.0. In CentOS 6, i am getting all the 16
> non null grid values and 2 null values. Would you mind to share the

Yes I think its only a problem under Windows 7 (64 Bit). I tried it
with Ubuntu 12.10 and also Windows XP, but there was no problem. I
also made also a complete new installation in a new VM with Windows 7
and there I have the same error.

> query/steps what you have performed in pgAdmin.

Nothing special. Just show the data or made a simple "SELECT * FROM
plz;"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/j7zv.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/9vzx.png/

Christian

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Christian H. Bruhn <brogo@arcor.de> wrote:
am Mittwoch, 7. August 2013 um 09:59 schrieb Dinesh Kumar:

> I have just done a quick test case with the given steps, but i am not able
> to reproduce the case in Cent OS6.0. In CentOS 6, i am getting all the 16
> non null grid values and 2 null values. Would you mind to share the

Yes I think its only a problem under Windows 7 (64 Bit). I tried it
with Ubuntu 12.10 and also Windows XP, but there was no problem. I
also made also a complete new installation in a new VM with Windows 7
and there I have the same error.

Thanks Christian.

We are able to reproduce this in windows 7. We will trying to find the root cause and it's fix.

> query/steps what you have performed in pgAdmin.

Nothing special. Just show the data or made a simple "SELECT * FROM
plz;"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/j7zv.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/9vzx.png/

Christian

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

Re: Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

От
Dinesh Kumar
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Further to our discussion on this issue, it seems the problem is with the length of the text in the grid. Thanks for your guidance.

In windows 7, if the length of a string in the grid exceeds "4679", then it's not able to render the values properly.

SELECT substring(geom::text from 1 FOR 4679) FROM plz;

If i execute the above statement, then it's showing all the 16 values. But this is not the case in the CentOS.

Kindly let me know how to proceed on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

--

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Christian H. Bruhn <brogo@arcor.de> wrote:
am Mittwoch, 7. August 2013 um 09:59 schrieb Dinesh Kumar:

> I have just done a quick test case with the given steps, but i am not able
> to reproduce the case in Cent OS6.0. In CentOS 6, i am getting all the 16
> non null grid values and 2 null values. Would you mind to share the

Yes I think its only a problem under Windows 7 (64 Bit). I tried it
with Ubuntu 12.10 and also Windows XP, but there was no problem. I
also made also a complete new installation in a new VM with Windows 7
and there I have the same error.

Thanks Christian.

We are able to reproduce this in windows 7. We will trying to find the root cause and it's fix.

> query/steps what you have performed in pgAdmin.

Nothing special. Just show the data or made a simple "SELECT * FROM
plz;"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/j7zv.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/9vzx.png/

Christian

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

Re: Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

От
Dinesh Kumar
Дата:
Hi Dave,

Adding to previous e-mail, i have tested this on Windows 7 with the latest pgAdmin master branch.

Thanks.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer

Ph: +918087463317
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

Further to our discussion on this issue, it seems the problem is with the length of the text in the grid. Thanks for your guidance.

In windows 7, if the length of a string in the grid exceeds "4679", then it's not able to render the values properly.

SELECT substring(geom::text from 1 FOR 4679) FROM plz;

If i execute the above statement, then it's showing all the 16 values. But this is not the case in the CentOS.

Kindly let me know how to proceed on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Christian H. Bruhn <brogo@arcor.de> wrote:
am Mittwoch, 7. August 2013 um 09:59 schrieb Dinesh Kumar:

> I have just done a quick test case with the given steps, but i am not able
> to reproduce the case in Cent OS6.0. In CentOS 6, i am getting all the 16
> non null grid values and 2 null values. Would you mind to share the

Yes I think its only a problem under Windows 7 (64 Bit). I tried it
with Ubuntu 12.10 and also Windows XP, but there was no problem. I
also made also a complete new installation in a new VM with Windows 7
and there I have the same error.

Thanks Christian.

We are able to reproduce this in windows 7. We will trying to find the root cause and it's fix.

> query/steps what you have performed in pgAdmin.

Nothing special. Just show the data or made a simple "SELECT * FROM
plz;"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/j7zv.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/9vzx.png/

Christian

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

Re: Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

От
Dave Page
Дата:
We can't do anything about length restrictions in those controls, except suggest the use of the max length option, which will work correctly as of 1.16.2.

Adding to previous e-mail, i have tested this on Windows 7 with the latest pgAdmin master branch.

Thanks.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

Further to our discussion on this issue, it seems the problem is with the length of the text in the grid. Thanks for your guidance.

In windows 7, if the length of a string in the grid exceeds "4679", then it's not able to render the values properly.

SELECT substring(geom::text from 1 FOR 4679) FROM plz;

If i execute the above statement, then it's showing all the 16 values. But this is not the case in the CentOS.

Kindly let me know how to proceed on this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM, Dinesh Kumar <dinesh.kumar@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Christian H. Bruhn <brogo@arcor.de> wrote:
am Mittwoch, 7. August 2013 um 09:59 schrieb Dinesh Kumar:

> I have just done a quick test case with the given steps, but i am not able
> to reproduce the case in Cent OS6.0. In CentOS 6, i am getting all the 16
> non null grid values and 2 null values. Would you mind to share the

Yes I think its only a problem under Windows 7 (64 Bit). I tried it
with Ubuntu 12.10 and also Windows XP, but there was no problem. I
also made also a complete new installation in a new VM with Windows 7
and there I have the same error.

Thanks Christian.

We are able to reproduce this in windows 7. We will trying to find the root cause and it's fix.

> query/steps what you have performed in pgAdmin.

Nothing special. Just show the data or made a simple "SELECT * FROM
plz;"

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/j7zv.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/9vzx.png/

Christian

Dinesh

--
Dinesh Kumar
Software Engineer
Skype ID: dinesh.kumar432
www.enterprisedb.com

Follow us on Twitter

@EnterpriseDB

Visit EnterpriseDB for tutorials, webinars, whitepapers and more

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Problems with Postgis-geometries under Windows 7 64 Bit

От
Dinesh Kumar
Дата:
OK. Thanks Dave.

@Christian:

We believe, you can get this max length option in pgAdmin 1.16.2 which is not released yet. Sorry, i am not aware of it's release schedule time.

Thanks.

Dinesh